Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.64.241

Hey guys, I'm a first time VPN user here and I just want to apologize if I'm missing something abundently obvious. I went through the FAQ for slow speeds and connection issues and I didn't find a fix. 

I have a 300Mbps connection with my ISP. While I'm using the eddie client, the max speed that I see is usually around 15Mbps, but for the most part, the speed averages around 5Mbps while torrenting. I've verified that my connection is not compromised and working properly. If i close Eddie, my speeds go back to normal. I know not to expect my full 300Mbps connection, but 5Mbps seems a bit too low. This is a LAN connection, I do not use wireless at all. 

I'm using the latest version of Transmission QT and Eddie. I've opened the port that Transmission wants to use with the AirVPN remote forwarding page (when I test on Transmission it still says closed) I've also used the Optimizer program to configure my MTU's. 

I've also tried a few different protocols and several different servers/countries. 

I will attatch my log files. Thanks in advance.

Eddie_20200402_171003.txt

There were some users in the past reporting a jump in throughput after changing the torrent client, mostly to qBittorrent. Can you check it, please?

9 hours ago, Skanquet said:

I've also used the Optimizer program to configure my MTU's. 

What optimizer? MSS/MTU values shouldn't be touched at all, only the mssfix directive in OpenVPN if you really experience packet fragmentation inside the tunnel.

Before we go further, would you kindly test the current 2.18beta of Eddie? The current version 2.18.9 is due to be released in the coming "hours" (anything from 1 to 48, really :D), so it's safe to call it stable. It fixes a wide variety of issues, most probably yours as well, seeing the line "Recovery. Unexpected crash?" there in your log.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

4 hours ago, giganerd said:

There were some users in the past reporting a jump in throughput after changing the torrent client, mostly to qBittorrent. Can you check it, please?

What optimizer? MSS/MTU values shouldn't be touched at all, only the mssfix directive in OpenVPN if you really experience packet fragmentation inside the tunnel.

Before we go further, would you kindly test the current 2.18beta of Eddie? The current version 2.18.9 is due to be released in the coming "hours" (anything from 1 to 48, really :D), so it's safe to call it stable. It fixes a wide variety of issues, most probably yours as well, seeing the line "Recovery. Unexpected crash?" there in your log.
Hello!

I believe he's referring to TCPOptimizer :).

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

6 hours ago, LZ1 said:
Hello!

I believe he's referring to TCPOptimizer :).
This is correct. I will try the beta+qtorrent and report the results. Thanks guys.

Try the following...

Preferences > Protocols ... set it to 'SSL 443'
Preferences > Networking ... set both send/receive buffers to '256' or '512 KB'
Preferences > OVPN directives ... insert 'mssfix 1442' as Custom command

Save these settings and reconnect.

Also, what is the CPU processor's spec on on your computer?