Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.227.36
Denise6363

ANSWERED Understanding port forwarding and getting it to work

Posted ... (edited)

I'm trying to do a reverse connection so, so i need a port forwarding......
MY QUESTIONS ARE

1. if i open a port 0000 and my exit ip is 1.1.1.1... and i set them to receive the reverse connection.... my  connection will be listening through 1.1.1.1 and port 0000??? if not please correct that statement for me.  

2. If i'm local website... i mean a website that can only be accessible on my LAN.... how can i use port forwarding to make any device outside my network access it.... 

3. How will i reserve a PORT

4. How will i reverse some port to the reserved port.... i.e a web application  support port 000... and i want all incoming connection of port 000 to be reversed to 1111....so i will be able to listen to the connection of 000 through 1111.... 

PLEASE I WANT THE 4 QUESTION TO BE ANSWER LIKE YOU'RE EXPLAINING TO SOMEONE THAT HAS NO IDEA OF THESE.... THAT'S WHY I TOOK MY TIME TO EXPLAIN MY PROBLEM... I HOPE I'LL SEE ANYONE TO HELP ME WITH THE 4 QUESTIONS.....

Edited ... by giganerd
Thread megamerge

1. Statement is logically correct. Though on the OpenVPN client's side the connections will come from the address of the TAP interface, i.e., 10.x.x.x. Something to check if setting up services you host to bind to specific addresses.
  2. Forward a random port to local port 80 or 443 (depending on whether you need HTTP or HTTPS), it's one of the fields when you forward a new port on the port forwarding page.
  3. Forward a port and it's reserved for your account. Easy.
  4. Reverse? What you can do is forward a random remote port (on the AirVPN server) to some local port (on your machine). If you forwarded port 9000 to local port 80, people connecting to 1.1.1.1 port 9000 for example will reach whatever is listening on port 80 on your machine, like a web server.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)

thanks so much.... i really appreciate that... so i can use the statement on question 1 for linux or i will have to listen for incoming connection on my machine IP? wlan0 IP address if i have my network adapter connected ???

Edited ... by Denise6363

I need to ask something, If my exit IP is 1.1.1.1 and i forward a random port to 80. in the client area...

to see if the port is open ......i.e i'll enter the exit-ip (1.1.1.1) at canyouseeme.org with port 80 to confirm right ????

Listening on all interfaces is fine since all traffic is routed through tun0, anyway. If you configure torrent clients for example, it's a good idea to bind them to tun0 or whatever address it has, since it will act like a kill switch should the connection to the VPN die. Safety measure. :)

50% correct. :D 1.1.1.1, the exit IP, yes, but you need to check the remote port, not the local you are forwarding it to.

Posted ... (edited)

I Forwarded a random port to port 80.... i.e 1122 to 80....

so i went to yougetsignal/tools/open-ports/

i input my public exit ip in the box with port 1122...... it says invalid remote address 

i even tried the same thing at canyouseeme.org with my the random port 1122....it's telling me error .............. how will i check these please explain....

is there anything i have t set in my eddie??

I WENT TO NETWORK LOCK TAP>>> INCOMING CONNECTION = BLOCK..........OUTGOING CONNECTION = BLOCK.....HOPE I WILL BE GETTING REVERSE CONNECTION WITH THAT SETTING BECAUSE THAT WAS THE DEFAULT SETTIINGS?

Edited ... by Denise6363

IT WAS ACTUALLY PORT 443 TO ACCESS MY LOCAL WEBSITE OUTSIDE THE LAN... DO I HAVE TO USE THE LISTENING BEFORE CHECKING IF THE PORT WAS OPENED ? I STILL DON'T GET IT....

JUST EXPLAIN WHAT WHAT I NEED TO DO PLEASE

21 minutes ago, Denise6363 said:

IT WAS ACTUALLY PORT 443 TO ACCESS MY LOCAL WEBSITE OUTSIDE THE LAN

Is your server up and running?
This does not "add up". Forwarding port 80 and try to connect to your website on port 443 .
Is port 443 forwarded or not?

YOU STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND ME.... IF I  CREATE A RANDOM PORT 1122 FORWARDED TO PORT 443 HOW WILL I CHECK IF THE PORT 443 IS OPENED ON MY SERVER..... 

IT'S OPEN THERE ALREADY, I JUST WANT YOU TO TELL ME THE CONCEPT OF THESE...

IF I CREATE A RANDOM PORT 1122 FORWARDED TO 443

SO IF THE CONNECTION IS COMING THROUGH MY EXIT IP ON PORT 1122

I WILL BE LISTENING TO INCOMING CONNECTION THROUGH THE PORT 443 WITH MY EXIT IP RIGHT ???

Let's stop the uppercase virtual shouting.

6 minutes ago, Denise6363 said:
IF I CREATE A RANDOM PORT 1122 FORWARDED TO 443

SO IF THE CONNECTION IS COMING THROUGH MY EXIT IP ON PORT 1122

I WILL BE LISTENING TO INCOMING CONNECTION THROUGH THE PORT 443 WITH MY EXIT IP RIGHT ???

This collection of statements is correct, if you swap "exit IP" with "internal IP". So the webserver must be configured to listen to port 443.

cool.. how will i swap it??? or i should just listen to incoming connection through internal IP {WHAT'S MY IP THROUGH GOOGLE.COM} 

also the external user {people outside my network} will be have access to my website with just my exit ip address???? just like i use to access it inside my network since the port 443 is opened???

It gets slightly difficult to follow your English.. meaning no offense, of course. I mean, swap it in your sentence. :)

The webserver should listen to 443, because if someone accesses port 1122 on the exit IP, that one will be forwarded to the webserver listening on port 443 on the internal IP (=IP of the TAP adapter).

7 minutes ago, Denise6363 said:

also the external user {people outside my network} will be have access to my website with just my exit ip address???? just like i use to access it inside my network ???

You can always allow/deny access. per user or IP/IP-range. and set a DDNS name as e.g. deniseserver or alike
When/If you connect to a different server use deniseserver.airdns.org: 1122

thanks to you all..... i think i understand now....

sorry my question is much.. i'm just getting to know that's why

I WENT TO NETWORK LOCK TAP>>> INCOMING CONNECTION = BLOCK..........OUTGOING CONNECTION = BLOCK.....HOPE I WILL BE GETTING REVERSE CONNECTION WITH THAT SETTING BECAUSE THAT WAS THE DEFAULT SETTIINGS?

you haven't reply me on these... hope it won't affect my incoming connections??? i mean any connections coming through opened port

12 hours ago, Denise6363 said:

Again, writing in capital letters doesn't make the message more urgent or important. It's widely interpreted as screaming.

Those two options specify the default behavior of the firewall if none of the allow rules apply. All AirVPN servers are allowed by default, plus everything you specify in the NetLock tab.

12 hours ago, Denise6363 said:

hope it won't affect my incoming connections??? i mean any connections coming through opened port

Aaand again, the incoming connection comes from the internal IP address which is allowed by default because it's the gateway address.

17 hours ago, Denise6363 said:

I Forwarded a random port to port 80.... i.e 1122 to 80....

Hello!

You can't remotely forward inbound ports under 2048 in our service. Port 1122 is not, and has never been, forwarded to your node. Please also note that port 1122 is not even a "remapped" destination port for your client. Thus, perhaps, all the problems are caused by a single, trivial error, i.e. a wrong port number assumption.

Kind regards

I HOPE THESE PORT ISSUE WILL BE RESOLVED ONE DAY

I CREATE RANDOM PORT 16380 FORWARD TO PORT 80 {on the client area}

I WENT TO MY LINUX AND CONNECT MY AIRVPN

I create a reverse connection with my exit ip 0.0.0.0 {issued by the vpn} with port 16380

i create a listener, with the IP on my adapter 1.1.1.1  [internal IP] with port 80.........

-reverse connection was executed 

i don't get any reverse connection with the above settings.... i'm so tired of asking question about these port thing.... {1.1.1.1 and 0.0.0.0 are just example}

@Denise6363 I merged all your threads into this one. Please refrain from opening new threads if your problem is related to port forwarding and unless it's solved.
The rest can choose to unfollow the merged thread to stop receiving notifications if they desire; it's in the top right corner in the web version and in the thread settings in Tapatalk. You probably know yourself, though :D

Am I safe in assuming it's a web server you want to set up? If so, which one?