Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.205.146
RomanXT

Eddie on linux, connection problem - solutions

Posted ... (edited)

Hello,
The eddie client on linux has a connection problem, everything is related to DNS swap.
This is because it cannot create the resolv.conf.eddie file in the /etc
The solution is very simple, you must create this file yourself in the directory.
I lost some time looking for a solution, maybe it will be useful to someone.

Regards all

Edited ... by RomanXT

First time I'm reading this. Any security thing that stops users from creating new files in there?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)
On 3/24/2020 at 8:35 PM, giganerd said:

First time I'm reading this. Any security thing that stops users from creating new files in there?

The answer is "no"

There is one more problem with restoring the original dns:

E 2020.03.24 21:11:18 - Fatal error occured, please contact Eddie support: Lock violation on path /etc/resolv.conf -   at System.IO.File.Delete (System.String path) <0x7f79e795a100 + 0x0015c> in <filename unknown>:0
E 2020.03.24 21:11:18 -     at Eddie.Core.Platform.FileDelete (System.String path, Boolean skipImmutableCheck) <0x40d2d330 + 0x0006e> in <filename unknown>:0
E 2020.03.24 21:11:18 -     at Eddie.Core.Platform.FileDelete (System.String path) <0x40d2d300 + 0x0001a> in <filename unknown>:0
E 2020.03.24 21:11:18 -     at Eddie.Platform.Linux.Platform.OnDnsSwitchRestore () <0x40d3ba50 + 0x00055> in <filename unknown>:0
E 2020.03.24 21:11:18 -     at Eddie.Core.Threads.Session.OnRun () <0x40d234f0 + 0x027e5> in <filename unknown>:0

Edited ... by RomanXT

Can you paste a support file after this happens, preferably in LOG format (top left button in post editor)? Please do not use the code format for this, it will make everyone scroll to infinity. :D

Judging by the error message you can't delete files in /etc. So you can't create nor delete things which hint at no write permission for the executing user in /etc.

5 hours ago, giganerd said:

Judging by the error message you can't delete files in /etc. So you can't create nor delete things which hint at no write permission for the executing user in /etc.

If it were that simple, I wouldn't write anything here.

15 hours ago, RomanXT said:

If it were that simple, I wouldn't write anything here. 

How do you call Eddie?

I'm also thinking about using gdb, strace and the like to really take it deep and complicated, but first of all..

21 hours ago, giganerd said:

Can you paste a support file after this happens, preferably in LOG format (top left button in post editor)? Please do not use the code format for this, it will make everyone scroll to infinity. :D

You still didn't do that. It must be a support file with all the library info in it, not just the OpenVPN/Eddie logs.