Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.6.77
esedess

Paket Loss on other computers

I've been having the most bizarre issue. I only have 1 computer that I use Eddie on. I use network lock but it is allowed to talk to the LAN.
Anytime I turn on Eddie and Connect to server the rest of my network has packet loss at the start of a connection. Ping test always show 1 High latency, then a few packets lost, then a connection. It plays hell with my phones, games, and roku. I've seen this happens just connecting to a server with Eddie. But i just did some tests and it seems to start happening when the Eddie hits about 2Mbit/s up or down. My connection is 300 down/ 30 up and usually i get more then that on a speed tests. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Example:
PING yahoo.com (98.138.219.232): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 98.138.219.232: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=378.245 ms
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
64 bytes from 98.138.219.232: icmp_seq=3 ttl=55 time=53.939 ms
64 bytes from 98.138.219.232: icmp_seq=4 ttl=55 time=56.299 ms

Check your router for any mention of "UDP flood protection" or the like. Check in the firewall for any options this might cause.
You can try to connect using TCP and see if it makes it better. If it does, we're definitely are dealing with something limiting UDP traffic.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I haven't had a chance to test this. I don't know how to force Eddie to use TCP only and I've been trying to find documentation to assist me with that. I'll let you know so as I get that sorted.

Thanks

So I believe I have it running on TCP now properly and I am no longer have any ping issues with the rest of my network. Thank you so much for your help. I would have never come up with that on my own.

We're not done yet. It was a test to prove my theory. Try not to use TCP, it creates another quite serious problem techincally.

We now know that your network, most probably the router, is doing some QoS (Quality of Service) things. It's better to check if you can disable anything that has "QoS", "UDP", etc. in the name. Could be in the firewall settings. If you're unsure, post the expressions/options here, we'll help you best we can. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.