Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.182.101
Duckworth

Documentation and PacketSender questions

Posted ... (edited)

Hello everyone...

Happy AV user since December, and though its very technical (I only a very basic understanding of networking), it is great to work with.

However I have two questions, one should be easily answered;
Is there an ZIP/PDF/HTML downloadable version of the FAQ and (popular) technical guides?
This would make for an better overview on all the questions someone might have, and m0re easily answered...
And yeah sure, I could imagine using an scraper/crawler for this (Scrapy or HTTrack), but is there a more ... nice ... way of doing this?

The second question is as follows:
I want to remote forward an port with e/aMule, but since I still recieve Low-ID, even after setting the correct port open in aMule, AND adding the correct port in https://airvpn.org/ports/
(I believe it was only set as TCP), I still got the Low-ID message.

In order to troubleshoot what I've done wrong (probably everything), I want to test what packages can be sent and how these packages are actually sent.
For that I wanted to use PacketSender ( https://packetsender.com/ ), however:
Can I correctly test if packages are sent correctly (with associated ports, with testpackages) and acknowlegde that my real IP is not fingered through this application, and is that allowed?

Sorry if it is unclear or asked before.. quite new to the world of VPN and networking... :)

By the way: I am using the normal Eddie client (non-git)

Edited ... by Duckworth

2 hours ago, Duckworth said:
Is there an ZIP/PDF/HTML downloadable version of the FAQ and (popular) technical guides?

Which FAQ do you mean? The forum with that name or Mr. LZ1's comprehensive guide to AirVPN?

The second question looks like a forming XY problem: You don't know how to do X but you think you can achieve it by doing Y, but you don't know about Y either so you ask about Y, while you should actually ask about X. So don't ask about PacketSender, ask about the port forwarding issue instead.

Have you checked whether the port is really open? You can do that with the port checking button on the Port Forwarding page in your client area (when you're connected) or even some port checking website/tool. This should be the first step, not things like PacketSender (especially given the statement about you being new to the world of VPN and networking).

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Yes I did asked a bit of an weird question. However what more or less my question was, if it is an tool that CAN check (when I'm proficiant enough with 'networking'.
Since PacketSender could send packets over an port, I thought that this is an way of checking if all goes well (assumed I have correctly set up my ports in the Port Forwarding page.

And yes, I meant this FAQ :  https://airvpn.org/faq/  . And yes if possible all by LZ1  ( This seems read-worthy:

And saw this:Which I didn't see before, so there is appearantly an tool for this already. My humble apologies....

However GigaNerd, I also want to follow the advice in your sig. (overdo privacy).
its just an quick verification that I need, thats all...

7 hours ago, Duckworth said:

Which I didn't see before, so there is appearantly an tool for this already. My humble apologies....

Again: You don't need any tools to check this: On the Port Forwarding page you can click the grey round buttons to check if something listens on a port. The button will turn red (usually a refused connection) or green (all OK) or remain as it is, and hovering with the mouse over it tells you the result, with an error code, if need be. Or you can use some online port checker to verify if the port is open (simply search the internet for this).
When you're testing, make sure your application is running and listening on that port, otherwise the result will always be a grey button (usually a timeout).

About the FAQ thing, PDFs would be unpractical. Any content can change at any minute, and when it happens your PDFs are obsolete. This goes especially for Mr. LZ1's guide.
Anyway, I've not heard about any export capabilities of these forums' software.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Excuse for the late reply, it all works fine now.
Also did an test with CanYouSeeMe (just viewed another thread about PF) and that all showed the right numbers.

Thanks GigaNerd in any case!