Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.79.70
OlDirty

ANSWERED "Bootstrap Failed" after copying VM

Hi,

I'm migrating my VMs to a new desktop. After copying the VM to the new desktop, VMware Workstation asked if I copied or moved the VM. I choose  "copied". I suppose that it then perhaps re-creates the Network Interface with a new MAC address?

Anyway, I had Eddie starting at boot with a Network Lock on this VM, but it now fails to connect with the below error:
image.png.299993dc15abe392acbee060a38a11ef.png
I tried uninstalling / reinstalling Eddie, but it seems to keep it's config (and keeps on failing with the Bootstrap error).

fyi: This is on Windows 10.

Any suggestions on how to properly solve this?

Thanks!

Not an Eddie problem. This one looks like a purely local VMware configuration problem. Did you check everything involving network settings on that machine's config? Does internet on it work? Routes? Any firewall still bearing old interface IDs?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Seems like I was able to fix it...

I've disabled Eddie and network lock @ boot, then I discovered that I didn't even have working network at all.
Next I've let the Windows troubleshooter trying to fix it and it found that DHCP was disabled.

After enabling that, everything started to work again... Then after looking a bit further I remembered that I had some special network config for this VM using the VMware "Virtual Network Editor", which I didn't setup yet on the new desktop...

So... User-error.... :) unrelated to Eddie

2 minutes ago, OlDirty said:

So... User-error.... :) unrelated to Eddie

Just as I thought. :)
Happy computing!

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.