Not connected, Your IP: 3.91.8.23
jptor1234

curl (35) error every time i try to connect

past 7 to 10 days every time i select highest rated avail server it errors, then Eddie cycles to the next one and it errors, then it connects to the 3rd one..........anyone else having issues? why are the servers listed if you can't connect to them?

I would advise to post an Eddie support file first, it's the lifebelt icon in the Logs tab in Eddie.
Then, I'm seeing this the first time. Mentions some old protocols which should be disabled by default (SSLv2, v3, TLS 1.0). Did you search the internet for it? May be a config error on your side.

5 hours ago, jptor1234 said:

any update from support on this?

This is not support, these are the community forums. While the AirVPN team does read them and write here, mostly it's other users of AirVPN who are willing to help with troubleshooting. You can hope for good answers, but should only expect "real" support through the support ticket system.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

i have changed nothing on my end unless this is a windows 10 update issue......again AirVPN should handle this if its caused by Win 10 updates.

22 hours ago, jptor1234 said:

again AirVPN should handle this if its caused by Win 10 updates.

How would they know if an update breaks AirVPN or not before Microsoft rolls it out?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@jptor1234

The most common cause of the the error you experience
is an obsolete curl version packaged with Eddie 2.13 or older versions. If that's the case, you're running an Eddie version that's years and years old, try to upgrade to Eddie 2.18.7 or at least 2.16.3 and the problem should be resolved as @gandalfthegrey noticed. TLS 1.2 is now the priority requirement and your curl version could be so old to be linked against an obsolete OpenSSL library not supporting TLS 1.2. See also https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46422590/curl-error-tlsv1-alert-protocol-version

Upgrade OpenSSL too if necessary.

Kind regards

another thing i am seeing is 'eddie crashed last time' even though i shut down properly. is this a bad notification? i just ignore it but its a bit annoying?

@jptor1234

Hello!

It's a bug affecting Eddie 2.16.3, do you still see that log entry in Eddie 2.18.9 too, even if you had previously shut Eddie down properly?

Kind regards