Not connected, Your IP: 174.129.59.198
Wg99Cx2h

Question about using OpenVPN app

If I wanted to use the OpenVPN app to connect to AirVPN's VPN servers, downloaded the config files I want and made sure nobody that is not me can physically access my device, would that be significantly less safe than just using Eddie? (not considering the fact that obviously I would not be able to use the network lock)

3 hours ago, Wg99Cx2h said:

If I wanted to use the OpenVPN app to connect to AirVPN's VPN servers, downloaded the config files I want and made sure nobody that is not me can physically access my device, would that be significantly less safe than just using Eddie?

What makes you think that?

not considering the fact that obviously I would not be able to use the network lock

No, NetLock is just a bunch of firewall rules, so the real obvious thing is that you can have a NetLock with whatever firewall you are using.

Also, it's a bit ambiguous: Are we talking Android or PC here?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

1 hour ago, giganerd said:

No, NetLock is just a bunch of firewall rules, so the real obvious thing is that you can have a NetLock with whatever firewall you are using.

Is there somewhere that i can view the extra firewall rules?
I can add them manually to the software firewall i use.

thanks

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

3 hours ago, giganerd said:

PC. I'm not an expert here, but based on what I know, in the config files there is (necessarily) everything needed to connect to the servers, keys included, and the config files are in plain text. Doesn't that  mean that anyone/thing that can read them can decrypt my encrypted traffic?

Doesn't that  mean that anyone/thing that can read them can decrypt my encrypted traffic?

No. Think of them as the key to an AirVPN server connection. Someone using this config will create a second connection to AirVPN, nothing more.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

6 hours ago, giganerd said:

No. Think of them as the key to an AirVPN server connection. Someone using this config will create a second connection to AirVPN, nothing more.
Ok, thank you a lot for the info!