Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.243.45

Hi .....
So I just bought airvpn and not until now i realized the interface is not friendly and i don't like  the fact that the vpn app name (Eddie) is different from the vpn name (Airvpn) itself.
So Far so good everything works fine.
But my biggest problem now is the app not having a kill switch for me to toggle on.
How is this even possible? I just don't feel good using a vpn without any form of leak protection if my internet connection should drop and try to reconnect then its very likely
the websites am using at the point in time might see my real location and take action.
Its common knowledge that there must be an internet connection from my ISP before any vpn can start routing connection through their server.
I read answers from the forums regarding why Eddie is not having a kill switch and not okay with the answers coming from airvpn stuffs or technical teams. ( That it's not right for a vpn to drop or totally kill internet connections if local ISP is down )
I think we need an option here.

31 minutes ago, gamercc said:

But my biggest problem now is the app not having a kill switch for me to toggle on.

What is it exactly you don't like about Network Lock? They're firewall rules to prevent traffic to anything but AirVPN servers. If the connection dies, the firewall rules won't.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello!

Network Lock, which has been implemented for the first time "in history" of software for VPN by AirVPN in 2011/2012, covers all the limited cases foreseen by a kill switch and many more for which a kill switch is impotent.

A kill switch features a very modest subset of Network Lock abilities to prevent traffic leaks outside the tunnel which are covered in any case by Network Lock with a more effective method (firewall rules). In other words, a kill switch is a totally wrong approach to prevent traffic leaks outside the tunnel, and anyway its limited abilities to fulfill leak prevention are fully covered by Network Lock.

Kind regards

On 3/4/2020 at 7:49 PM, Staff said:

Hello!

Network Lock, which has been implemented for the first time "in history" of software for VPN by AirVPN in 2011/2012, covers all the limited cases foreseen by a kill switch and many more for which a kill switch is impotent.

A kill switch features a very modest subset of Network Lock abilities to prevent traffic leaks outside the tunnel which are covered in any case by Network Lock with a more effective method (firewall rules). In other words, a kill switch is a totally wrong approach to prevent traffic leaks outside the tunnel, and anyway its limited abilities to fulfill leak prevention are fully covered by Network Lock.

Kind regards

I've had some issues over the last few days when eddie fails and lets all traffic  through as normal, ie: the Kill Switch does NOT work.  It should work most of the time, but keep an eye out for if Eddie fails

@aSystemOverload

If Network Lock does not work it means that your firewall does not work or your firewall rules have been changed with administrative privileges without your knowledge. In both cases you have lost control of your system and you have much more serious problems, we don't see your point.

If Eddie can not start, on the other hand, it is trivially obvious that Network Lock can not be enforced, that's not a surprise, again we can't see your point.

Kind regards

On 3/7/2020 at 11:30 AM, Staff said:
@aSystemOverload

If Network Lock does not work it means that your firewall does not work or your firewall rules have been changed with administrative privileges without your knowledge. In both cases you have lost control of your system and you have much more serious problems, we don't see your point.

If Eddie can not start, on the other hand, it is trivially obvious that Network Lock can not be enforced, that's not a surprise, again we can't see your point.

Kind regards

Eddie has been working for me for quite sometime, but then suddenly stopped working and the Network Lock failed.   I've sent logs to your guys but you said just that UDP was being blocked. 
Regardless of the issue, if it suddenly fails, the Network Lock should kick in, period.  Without it, it's not secure.  
My point is that your Network Lock implementation is not infallible and may fail.

@aSystemOverload

Quite the contrary in your specific case: Network Lock works just fine. When an Eddie's connection attempt fails, Network Lock remains active. It will be disabled only if you specifically order to de-activate it, or if you close Eddie.

Kind regards

On 3/4/2020 at 2:14 PM, gamercc said:

The bottom line for a "kill" switch is to activate Network Lock in Eddie client. Then if you want to "kill" your session, merely disconnect the AirVPN connection leaving Eddie running. DO NOT CLOSE OR EXIT the Eddie client. Network Lock will remain active as long as Eddie is running. You may if you wish also shutdown your computer with no issue while Eddie is running. To promote a smooth shutdown, uncheck "Exit confirmation prompt" in the Eddie Preferences UI section. Please note that if you want to ensure you do not accidentally exit Eddie leaving your connection visible, then leave the option to prompt on exit enabled. If you do, you may have to wait or manually force close Eddie during shutdown.