Not connected, Your IP: 100.24.12.23
dbuero

[SOLVED] Howto: Optimize AirVPN for Gigabit Win10

6 hours ago, giganerd said:

How many torrents are doing what (seeding/downloading)? What are your connection settings? Client?
Are you by any chance using a rotating drive for storage?

Just one torrent seeding at less than 100kb/s really not much load, settings and drive is irrelevant as it is working normally without vpn.
There is definitely at some level a protocol or flow analysis going on that throttles the whole vpn connection. After the torrent application is closed the throttling stays for like 1-2 minutes and then everything is back to normal.

17 hours ago, Staff said:
no, we don't throttle anything. 
That's what i thought and can confirm in my experience with your services.
As it's clearly Vodafone that is applying the throttle to UDP443 and the only way to circumvent that is TCP:

@Staff:
Since forever I've seen a TCP 443 speed cap at around 120mbps, is this applied from your side or my ISP as well?
If it's from your side: Is there a chance to bump the TCP connection from the current 120 to about 200ish mbps if the server is not loaded?

15 minutes ago, dbuero said:

Since forever I've seen a TCP 443 speed cap at around 120mbps, is this applied from your side or my ISP as well?

Hello!

No, we don't throttle/cap anything.

Kind regards

5 hours ago, Staff said:
No, we don't throttle/cap anything.
I could confirm with SSL and a different VPN, the limitations have been put in place by Vodafone Germany.

AirVPN is awesome as expected and techsupport at Vodafone is straight up lying (or doesn't know the truth). 

4 hours ago, dbuero said:

I could confirm with SSL and a different VPN, the limitations have been put in place by Vodafone Germany.

Oh, this I can partly confirm. Performance of VPN on DOCSIS lines of Vodafone Kabel Deutschland is.. interesting. But downloads always worked splendidly, it's the upload that drove me nuts.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Posted ... (edited)

I know I'm a little late to the party, but one thing I would recommend is to install Hummingbird and select 'Use Hummingbird if available' in Eddie. For me, it speeds things up a good couple hundred mbps.

EDIT: Nvm. Didn't know it was Linux only. My bad.

Edited ... by SomewhatSane
Clarification on Hummingbird.

16 hours ago, SomewhatSane said:

I know I'm a little late to the party, but one thing I would recommend is to install Hummingbird and select 'Use Hummingbird if available' in Eddie. For me, it speeds things up a good couple hundred mbps.

EDIT: Nvm. Didn't know it was Linux only. My bad.

Linux and macOS, anyway.

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

Gigabit connection here, from Canada. I'm able to reach more than 600Mbps. Here is how:

- wintun and OpenVPN 2.5
- ChaCha20 server
- Ethernet connection

I'm very happy with the speed after a lot of testing.

Edited ... by tetine
more info

Lately windows updates broke Wintun: Fix: uninstall openvpn, reboot windows, reinstall openvpn. fixed.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, tetine said:

Gigabit connection here, from Canada. I'm able to reach more than 600Mbps. Here is how:

- wintun and OpenVPN 2.5
- ChaCha20 server
- Ethernet connection

I'm very happy with the speed after a lot of testing.

Hi I've tried chacha20 and didn't get an improvement, this said, the closest chaCHa20 server is about twice as far away as the closest other server.