Not connected, Your IP: 35.173.57.84
Staff

Hummingbird 1.0.2 released

@monstrocity

OVPN files have no restrictions in any way. Generate the proper file with the Configuration Generator (tick "Advanced Mode" to see all the available connection modes) or just edit your current profile with any text editor and replace the port you have in the remote directive with 41185.

Kind regards

When `^C`'ing hummingbird, it says this:
```
iptables v1.8.4 (legacy): can't initialize iptables table `security': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
ip6tables v1.8.4 (legacy): can't initialize ip6tables table `security': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
```
I'm running the latest kernel (5.5.3), so I don't see what's wrong. This makes my network unusable until a manual change of iptables.

@83jd0whx38ns

Hello!

What is your exact distribution? We have found the problem for example in Debian unstable, and it's a problem of the distribution with the implementation of  iptables legacy with nftables. If that's your case too, force Hummingbird to use nftables for Network Lock and the problem should get resolved. https://airvpn.org/hummingbird/readme/

Check the instructions and remember to run Hummingbird with the additional option:
--network-lock nftables

Remember that Hummingbird (for a good reason aimed to prevent conflicts) by default prefers iptables-legacy over nftables if both are found in a system. However, if iptables legacy exists but does not provide table 'security' then Network Lock can't work because iptables legacy itself does not work properly.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
AirVPN Support Team

10 hours ago, 83jd0whx38ns said:

Hey, I was also wondering how to set my own iptables to forward traffic on top of hummingbird's network lock. How can I do that?

Hello!

You can't, as you don't have iptables currently. Use nftables instead. Proceed only if you exactly know what you're doing, as Network Lock on the fly changes might cause unintended leaks.

Kind regards