Not connected, Your IP: 35.171.22.220

I have noticed that AirVPN has had no presence in France for quite a few years now  I recall a previous post by Staff explaining that they withdrew their French servers because of the legal framework on data retention, however many other VPNs such as Mullvad, Proton,  TorGuard, etc operate French servers and that isn't a problem for them. Additionally I think OVH would be a great provider since their have presence in France, are a reliable hosting provider which I personally have used for a while, they have great DDoS protection for no extra charge, and OVH has spoken in the past about it's support of privacy rights. For this reason I think a new server in France is long overdue and hopefully can be opened soon.

6 hours ago, BlueBanana said:

Apart vom OVH, i think that M247 has an infrastructure in France too, if i am not mistaken.

M247 is also a viable option, for example Mullvad operates servers in Paris through M247 and I haven't had issues with those servers (connecting from the States).
However personally I would always recommend a more diverse set of providers whenever possible as when most servers use a single provider, if there's any issue with that provider, then all other servers hosted with that provider also will have problems (for example if a website blocks AS9009, they block around half of Air's servers just like that)

Hello!

We have good relations both with OvH and M247. The problem in France is different, we have explained it many times so we will not explain it again here in details, and is related to the illegal framework of the country pertaining to data retention and the inability of the European Commission to incisively start an infraction procedure against France (and Italy as well). As we already fight the illegal position of other EU countries on data retention we need to focus resources.

Kind regards

11 hours ago, Staff said:

Hello!

We have good relations both with OvH and M247. The problem in France is different, we have explained it many times so we will not explain it again here in details, and is related to the illegal framework of the country pertaining to data retention and the inability of the European Commission to incisively start an infraction procedure against France (and Italy as well). As we already fight the illegal position of other EU countries on data retention we need to focus resources.

Kind regards

is it correct that your web servers are hosted in France?
If I traceroute airvpn.org it leads me to OVH in France.
asking out of interest.