Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.85.76
Staff

New 1 Gbit/s server available (DE)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new 1 Gbit/s server located in Berlin, Germany, is available: Cujam.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server; if you use any other OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The server accepts connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other "second generation" Air server, Cujam supports OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH, TLS 1.2 and tls-crypt.

Full IPv6 support is included as well.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

You can check the server status as usual in our real time servers monitor:
https://airvpn.org/servers/cujam

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

@Staff
Is this server realy located in berlin?

the latency and traceroutes say frankfurt.

I have the same latency towards the vpn exit then to servers in frankfurt (not even +1ms) that seems unrealistic if the server is located in berlin.

34 minutes ago, arteryshelby said:
@Staff
Is this server realy located in berlin?

the latency and traceroutes say frankfurt.

I have the same latency towards the vpn exit then to servers in frankfurt (not even +1ms) that seems unrealistic if the server is located in berlin.

records show it's in Berlin.  the latency difference between Frankfurt and Berlin would be very small.  See the link and scroll down to the IP address range Cujam belongs to.  It says Berlin infrastructure.

https://bgp.he.net/AS9009#_prefixes

How does latency tell that? It's a M247 server, so latency will be almost the same as with other M247 servers in Germany. One can expect the internal network of an ISP to be optimized.
Traceroute is similarly deceiving. The last hop before the destination can be a backbone in Frankfurt, though it's rather rare.

Euclidean distance does not meaningfully correlate with latency or throughput. It's the number of hops, the kind of routers in between, congestion, etc. that matters, which is why it mostly seems to correlate but in the end it's just a higher amount of routers in between. It is entirely possible for some users to have a better latency to servers outside their country despite a longer distance.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Latency can indeed tell. A normal transport from berlin --> frankfurt would take like 5ms, maybe even 7 or 8, depending on the transport provider you use. Like i said, the ping from the berlin server to frankfurt is _the same_!
Im NOT talking about the ping from my home ip towards towards both servers. Try to connect to that server and ping/trace one server in frankfurt, the latancy is the same which is not possible.

AS9002 for example got an RTT of 7,5ms between theese locations.
http://rtt.retn.net/

59 minutes ago, go558a83nk said:

records show it's in Berlin.  the latency difference between Frankfurt and Berlin would be very small.  See the link and scroll down to the IP address range Cujam belongs to.  It says Berlin infrastructure.

https://bgp.he.net/AS9009#_prefixes
ive seen that, but i can type in the ripe db whatever i want. the latency between the location is _far_ to low.

@arteryshelby

Hello!

We always report the location where the server is physically located. Cujam is in a datacenter in Berlin, unless M247 has a secret datacenter in Frankfurt and tells us for some obscure reason that it's in Berlin. We have not physically visited the datacenter in Berlin, but for us it makes no difference and we're not interested in publishing fake locations, unlike many of our competitors.

Kind regards

Thanks for the reply! Thats exactly what i thought (M247 hiding the real location). Check the RTT and make a desision on your own.
When you are not interested in publishing fake locations, why does it not make any difference for you if the server is actually located in berlin or not?