Not connected, Your IP: 54.159.186.146
Rein874

Some suggestions

Hi, I've been using your service for some time (and overall I'm very happy with it) and I want to give a bunch of suggestions about features I would like to see/tell about things I don't like about the service. (I use Eddie for Windows and Android so I will be talking about these versions of the software)
-Design. I find the design of Eddie for Windows very unpleasant. I would try to give it a more minimal look and add a map from which you can select the countries to connect to. Also, I have looked at the logs probably less than 5 times since I started using AirVPN, I do not think that they should be accessible from the list of buttons where everything else is placed (Overview, Servers etc), same goes for speed graphs, which are also awful to look at. This is not meant to be an offense, it's just how I feel about Eddie for Windows, I imagine you prioritize other aspects of your service, but I do think that the design should be at least be given some more attention. As far as Eddie for Android is concerned, the situation is different, though I think there are some problems there too. For instance, if the windows you can access are already visible and accessible from the upper bar (Quick connect, AirVPN server etc), why would you make them also accessible from the left menu? It's just redundant. Also, when I select any window, its name on the upper bar becomes light yellow colored, while I would have gone for white (but I guess that kind of comes down to personal taste, though I think light yellow on blue is rather unpopular). Another thing: on all the windows except for the Server one there's an image (AirVPN, the air to ...), and it feels very low quality, this may be because I have a big phone, but still, I think it should be fixed.
-Features I would like to see that currently do not exist (these are for every version of the software, if no version is specified). 1)I would like to be able to just connect to a country, with the software randomly placing me on a server of that country, or making the choice based on a user chosen property of the servers (load, ping etc). Then the Countries window in Eddie for Windows would even have reason to exist. 2) It'd be great to be able to create custom server lists (which could also include whole countries) and be able to click connect on them and connect to one of the servers selected, the choice of the server by the software would be random or, as with the countries thing, based on a property chosen by the user. 3)Quick connect in Eddie for Android work always connects me to the same server, and that's something I want to avoid. Again: make the quick connect button choose one server based on a user chosen property, or randomly, and also add it to the Windows version.  4)One great feature would be to able to handle the port forwarding directly in the software.

As far as everything else is concerned, I'm very happy with the service I'm getting and I think it's one of the best, if not the best, in the market. Thank you for your attention.

About the design – well, it's a subjective matter.
About the other point, though – everything you describe is already possible:

1. Doubleclick a country, it will take the best server in that country. There's no point in a user choice here, you'd always want the current best server having the lowest latency, load and client count.
  2. In the Countries or the Servers tab, select the servers you want with , servers you don't want with . The "Connect to recommended server" button connects you to the best server of the greens.
  3. It's also possible with a whitelist. Long-tap a server to add it to whitelist or blacklist. Then look in the preferences to set preferred connection settings for the Quick connect button.
  4. It would require an API or something like that, which AirVPN does have. It's a rather good suggestion.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hi, thanks for your answer, but the Eddie version I'm using must have some bugs.
1)That is what I first did when I saw the countries window, but nothing happens, I don't know how to make it work, even if I right click on a country I have no "Connect" option.
2)The best server based on some server properties the software refuses to update. In fact, I always see the same load and user count on the servers and used to get a message saying something about being unable to obtain bootstrap information until I disabled it from the settings.
3)But also in that case for some reason Eddie always connects me to the same server, and I want to avoid that.

20 hours ago, Rein874 said:

1)That is what I first did when I saw the countries window, but nothing happens, I don't know how to make it work, even if I right click on a country I have no "Connect" option.

Doubleclick doesn't work?

2)The best server based on some server properties the software refuses to update. In fact, I always see the same load and user count on the servers and used to get a message saying something about being unable to obtain bootstrap information until I disabled it from the settings.

You shouldn't have. This indicates that something blocks AirVPN and you should look closer. Are you using any firewalls, or the network you are connected to?

3)But also in that case for some reason Eddie always connects me to the same server, and I want to avoid that.

We can also investigate this. In the Logs tab, click on the lifebelt icon and paste it here, please.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.