Not connected, Your IP: 3.90.242.249
g0rilla1980

Eddie not working on Android TV

So I treated myself to a new 4k TV with the latest version of Android TV. I though is try displaying the Eddie APK, did so successfully, entered all my details, tapped connect and the TV indecisive lost its internet connection. A notification pipes up saying the Ethernet was disconnected but it wasn't. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello!

Can you give us the exact Android version, as well as TV brand and model?

EDIT: if you have a way to extract Eddie log from the TV, please send it to us as well (taken after the problem has occurred). Check whether one of the sharing modes in the "Log" view of Eddie is appropriate.

Kind regards

Hello

I have similar problem. Until now I was using "openvpn for android" application successfully on my android tv box. I uninstalled it, installed Eddie but no matter what server I choose it is stuck on connecting forever. I tried also disabling compression and switching to TCP nothing helps. Box is Android 7.1.2, connected trough ethernet. I don't have this problem on android 10 and remember that older version of Eddie worked on box.

Here is Eddie log.
What is wrong please?

@m1ster

Hello!

Something goes terribly wrong when the tun interface is accessed: does "OpenVPN for Android" work on the very same box? What brand and model is it?

Kind regards

Yes "OpenVPN for Android" works. I am using it right now and I am successfully connected to server as always without any errors in log. I would like to try if older Eddie version works but I couldn't find a link on Eddie's website.

@m1ster

Hello!

Can you also give us your Android mediaplayer brand and model? Can you send us Eddie log taken before you try to start a connection (we will be able to see important information about system hardware and configuration).

OpenVPN for Android can invoke OpenVPN 2.5 or use its OpenVPN 3 library, can you check whether when configured to use OpenVPN 3 it works fine or not? You can switch from OpenVPN 2 to OpenVPN 3 in the settings.

Kind regards

On 2/27/2020 at 3:17 PM, m1ster said:

Hello

I have similar problem. Until now I was using "openvpn for android" application successfully on my android tv box. I uninstalled it, installed Eddie but no matter what server I choose it is stuck on connecting forever. I tried also disabling compression and switching to TCP nothing helps. Box is Android 7.1.2, connected trough ethernet. I don't have this problem on android 10 and remember that older version of Eddie worked on box.

Here is Eddie log.
What is wrong please?

My problem was solved after reinstalling os. I must have removed some system app accidentally.