Not connected, Your IP: 35.172.231.232
Staff

Servers withdrawal announcement: Lithuania

Hello!

We inform you that all of our Lithuanian servers are being withdrawn and dismissed.

The datacenter provider, Cherry Servers, has just asked for a block of all outbound ports except a few ones they called "standard ports" (sic) to prevent any possible future "copyright infringement" (to be noted: no infringement in the past has ever been proved).

It is clearly an unacceptable request for us, and we guess for everyone, and it also reveals the true face of Cherry Servers datacenter as an enemy of the Internet. For us, it's also an option to finally get rid of the last servers still not supporting IPv6.

Cherry Servers was one of our last providers still lacking IPv6 support, a fact that should have given us a "head up!" about Cherry Servers poor commitment to providing decent services.

We will be actively looking for an alternative datacenter. We will be looking for datacenters where the concept of mere conduit is understood, and IPv6 infrastructure is available. In the meantime keep in mind that we offer several servers in the Baltic region as well as other, nearby countries.

Kind regards

Thanks for standing up to your mission!
Maybe that´s an opportunity to set up servers in Finland or Estonia? :)
Both countries have a reliable internet infrastructure and are in the Baltic region.

All the best

On 1/8/2020 at 2:57 PM, Staff said:

In the meantime keep in mind that we offer several servers in the Baltic region as well as other, nearby countries.

Hello @Staff
Do you have any plan to add to or replace the Latvian servers as they're using 100 Mb/s links only!

Posted ... (edited)
On 1/31/2020 at 3:41 PM, Staff said:
@nick75

Hello!

Yes, actually this is planned, please stay tuned. :)

Kind regards

When might we see 10gbit servers? (Ofc granted, in the countries that can reasonably offer it.) With home connections now in the gbits themselves, individual gbit servers are often congested. Eddie isn't the best at loadbalancing. 10gbit has been a market offering for atleast 5 years now: USA, NL. Is the price not right? Are the providers not right? Why not approach existing providers for this? Edited ... by foDkc4UySz

Hello! :) 

I really like how much the AirVPN company fights for the privacy of our AirVPN users!  :) I would like you to make new VPN servers here in Finland and maybe in Estonia.  Would this be possible?  :) We have a very advanced Internet network in Finland and the data centers here are also modern.  I have now been AirVPN user for five days and I am happy with my buy VPN feeling cold, and I have a license for 3 months!  :) Of course I will renew my AirVPN license once this one is almost expired.  Thank you AirVPN I appreciate your work!  :)

1 hour ago, foDkc4UySz said:

When might we see 10gbit servers? (Ofc granted, in the countries that can reasonably offer it.) With home connections now in the gbits themselves, individual gbit servers are often congested. Eddie isn't the best at loadbalancing. 10gbit has been a market offering for atleast 5 years now: USA, NL. Is the price not right? Are the providers not right? Why not approach existing providers for this?

Eventually no doubt but really it's hard to get faster than a 1gbit server can support with a single stream of openvpn.

As Staff closed the Estonia server thread, I'm responding to their final post here.

Yes, at the moment total country replacement with Estonia and Latvia (both already active).

Replacing 4x1gbit servers with 2x1gbit servers isn't a total country replacement.

Alright, one of those servers is in a "new" neighbouring country, but that shouldn't be satisfactory.

Has Lithuania's internet hosting market been exhausted?