Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.166.98
mith_y2k

Resolved hosts in ovpn file

Hi all,
I would like to add a couple of resolves hosts in the ovpn file. If I understood correctly if I have any internal hosts (name.local that resolves to my 192.168.1.x internal host) and use the Air client for Android I will not be able to resolve it.

I was looking at the config generator and the only thing I found is in the advanced settings there is a checkbox for “resolved hosts in .ovpn file”, but I’m not sure if a) this will do what I need and b) what’s the syntax to use.

I only need to add a couple, so I wouldn’t mind typing in the online form.

any help is welcome, thank you.

You could try enabling Custom DNS and enter 10.4.0.1 and your local DNS server separated by a comma.

12 hours ago, mith_y2k said:

I was looking at the config generator and the only thing I found is in the advanced settings there is a checkbox for “resolved hosts in .ovpn file”, but I’m not sure if a) this will do what I need and b) what’s the syntax to use.

This resolves AirVPN server FQDNs (server.airvpn.org for example) to IPs and writes the IPs into the profile. This is not what you need.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks for your suggestion. I don’t see an option to list custom DNS in the config generator here on airvpn 

Not the config generator, but the Eddie app, in Settings. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.