Not connected, Your IP: 44.195.30.216

Posted ... (edited)

Previously I was able to access Netflix from AirVPN servers no problem (I am using default AirVPN DNS by the way), but I tried tonight from 5 or 6 different servers in the US and Canada and all of them showed me the message about using a VPN or proxy whenever I try to watch something. I am wondering is the rerouting still working or has Netflix cracked down on it?
I have included an image of the error I am getting
Image of Netflix error

Edited ... by User Of AirVPN
included image

Same problem for me, but Firefox on Mac. I'm a US Netflix subscriber accessing Netflix US.

I've even tried setting up netflix.com as "Outside the VPN tunnel" in Routes and Netflix still gives me the same error message when I try logging in. This puts me in a serious bind. I just renewed my Air account for another 3 years this past November. Very concerned.

Same here for me. Netflix works for a few days, then the vpn is detected. Nothing seems to work to correct the issue except to wait a few days, then it works again. A detailed explanation by Airvpn of what is going on would be appreciated by all of us having this problem.

On 12/31/2019 at 1:55 PM, Davharding said:

A detailed explanation by Airvpn of what is going on would be appreciated by all of us having this problem.

Please use your common sense. If you were a streaming provider bound to contracts with movie makers who dictate that certain content may not be served outside a specific country or else the content will be pulled out, wouldn't you make it your priority to enforce this, seeing as it's what generates you profits? You have it on Netflix, you got it on Hulu, you experience this on BBC iPlayer.

One can more or less legitimately argue that you cannot watch Netflix while on vacation in a country without Netflix and that's why you would like to use a VPN. Fair point as long as you don't own a mobile device because there you can save it for offline use and in most cases even stream via AirPlay/Chromecast. Just bring your hardware with you and work the problem. But do not rely on VPNs which are so easily abusable from content providers' point of view.

But when you want to watch Netflix from US while you're in the US (which sometimes happens around here), I don't pity you. Why use a VPN, then? Anonymity? Please. Your account is usually bound to a payment provider's account with your name on it. You are hiding from shadows this way.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello!

Netflix USA and only USA is accessible from AirVPN servers as usual if and only if your system queries AirVPN DNS (which happens by default with our software). EXCEPTION: the following servers can not reach Netflix USA at the moment;:

• Kruger
  • Sneden
  • Fang
  • Nahn
  • Sham
Also note that Netflix application has been reported as maliciously bypassing system DNS or exploiting other techniques to disclose your real location. You will be blocked if you are not in the USA in Netflix' app belief, but it's not a fault of our system. Deleting application's cache and then running it only and uniquely when the device is connected to the VPN has been reported as solving the problem in various cases.

@giganerd

Connecting through a VPN to stream Netflix USA when you are in the USA makes sense in any case (check the wars of major USA ISPs/transit providers against Netflix to get paid by Netflix in order to not block its traffic). Unfortunately Netflix at the end of the day sided with those who have contributed to dismantle the Internet and Net Neutrality in some countries of the world and in this sense it's just another enemy of that very same infrastructure and technology that made its fortunes.

Kind regards

I totally understand why Netflix tries to block content, and agree that I would probably do the same if I was in their position. However, since I pay for a USA Netflix account so I can watch USA content, you should not criticize me for trying to view that content when I am out of the country for 6 months out of the year. Downloading episodes before leaving the country for that long simply is not practical. When I cannot access them via vpn, I connect without the vpn and watch other content available here in South America. No big deal.

By the way, I never connect to Netflix using vpn when in the US, that would be ridiculous. I guess I'm using common sense after all.

My original request for information is still partly unanswered....I am trying to understand why Netflix does not detect vpn for a few days, and then it rejects the connection for a few days, then it works for a few days, etc., etc. It does not make any difference when I clear the Netflix cache or not. Call me curious, but I want to understand what is going on behind the curtain. Any clarification would be welcome.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:15 AM, giganerd said:

Please use your common sense.
Please use common courtesy. Your response is rude. Furthermore it's unhelpful.

This issue is yet to be adequately answered by Air Staff. Please see my original post in this thread and respond accordingly Air Staff.

54 minutes ago, Tommie said:

This issue is yet to be adequately answered by Air Staff. Please see my original post in this thread and respond accordingly Air Staff.

How is a more adequate answer than the one given to you supposed to look? Through five servers you are unable to watch Netflix as of now, this is confirmed by that same Air Staff quoted by you. If it happens with others and you think they're also affected, post them at your convenience, and be sure to also give some more info about your setup (server, port, protocol, device, etc.)

After all, it's not your thread, you just came along and posted a nearly empty "I have the same issue" post, by mentioning an even less helpful piece of information about your renewal. I don't see you meaningfully contributing with a workaround, or any piece of info enabling everyone to enjoy Netflix via AirVPN again. Maybe a server that works for you with certain connection settings? – Since you gave no info about which server shows the symptoms you described. Maybe with a certain app? We have 30+ US servers. Surely one is working?
And have you followed Staff's suggestion with the cache as of now?

Let us help you help yourself, and maybe others, too…

It seems that Netflix has started blocking AirVPN in it's entirety, at least on the multiple servers I've tried so far.

I've tested multiple different countries from places in NA, Europe, etc. and all of them when attempting to use Netflix get told that they detect that I'm on an "Unblocker or Proxy" and to go to their page on proxies.

Obviously this would be pretty frustrating to anyone, but I want to know if anyone else is having this issue, thanks.

I'm on a Windows PC using Eddie UI and Firefox Developer Edition.

This seems to be the right topic for it currently, so I merged them. Since more and more people show up witnessing this it's clear something changed.

I'm experiencing the same running Eddie-ui beta on Ubuntu, damnit Netflix why should the USA have decent content and not us. Hope the Airvpn staff can find a workaround, get on it boys and girls.

Hi,

Tried almost every US-Server and a lot of others. Can't even sign into netflix. 
Is there any update? 

US-Server Lich is loading the website, but no more. No sign in possible. Most of the other servers get blocked so you can't even load the netflix website.

It's not a big deal for me I'm just asking myself if there is maybe new servers that are fixing this problems? Because 

On 1/2/2020 at 5:09 PM, Staff said:

• Kruger
  • Sneden
  • Fang
  • Nahn
  • Sham
 doesn't work anymore. I tried it.

thanks and regards 

10 minutes ago, turtle300 said:

Hi,

Tried almost every US-Server and a lot of others. Can't even sign into netflix. 
Is there any update? 

US-Server Lich is loading the website, but no more. No sign in possible. Most of the other servers get blocked so you can't even load the netflix website.

It's not a big deal for me I'm just asking myself if there is maybe new servers that are fixing this problems? Because 

doesn't work anymore. I tried it.

thanks and regards 

you misread.  Staff said those servers could NOT reach netflix.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:20 PM, User Of AirVPN said:

For me it's working great. I'm watching US Netflix right now through the server Lich

Unfortunately it's not working for me anymore either. Netflix is now giving me the familiar message about using an unblocker or proxy.

On Dec 12, 2019 Staff said:

Currently Netflix USA (and only USA) is accessible from our infrastructure, provided that you query VPN DNS.

Then Staff closed the thread. Very irritating in light of the fact that this problem clearly isn't resolved and never was. Many of us continue being unable to access our Netflix USA accounts via Air USA servers using Air DNS. Are you going to fix this Air? Please at least have the decency to communicate honestly with us. Stop telling us you fixed it and then rudely shutting down the thread without actually verifying with we your customers that it's working for us.

Hello!

Currently Netflix is not accessible from our infrastructure. We are working on the problem. As usual, we can't promise anything on such peculiar subject. The proper source of information, which is frequently updated, is our post in the correct forum:

Kind regards