Not connected, Your IP: 44.192.93.109

It seems that VPN-users can be identified by their web browser, monitor screen size, screen resolution, and color depth of their screen.
So would it be a good idea to use several web browsers to further anonymize yourself?

I have tried using Chromium web browser but privacy add-ons do not work at all!
But maybe that doesn't matter because I'm already using a VPN?

Are there people out there who use more than one browser with their VPN?
Also, does periodically changing the screen resolution of my monitor cause a degree of obfuscation?
I do know that changing the screen size of the web browser is a good idea as this is also recommended by tor-browser.

Hi, well, I think number one rule is to use linux more so now that Linux can do everything better than Win and mac together.  Staying private and anonymous on win and mac is like swimming against lava. It won't matter you swim if you melt.
I use Librewolf, firefox with extensions, Tor, use Ungoogled Chromium instead of Chromium, and Gnome Web. I try to switch us much possible based on my mood. trace is very useful extension--changes fingerprint each reload. I think this is the best general user can do. Even if it was possible to somehow identify you it would be nearly impossible to prove. Best someone could prove, is to tie activity to a device not who is using it. This is never 100% accurate thus is hard if not impossible to prove in court, and no un-corrupt judge would probably accept that. Even government would not decide to prosecute someone only based on web fingerprint without face behind device, which I am almost 100% sure would involve violations of international treaties and human rights on their side. If someone was ever sentenced based on web fingerprint it was because they were stupid, confessed or made other mistakes. I leave you with this. Many guilty people walked free with such a ridiculous claim as saying someone else accessed their pc, because they were smart.
In reality VPN-users can't be identified by their web browser, but they can be identified by their Windows and MacOS.

6 hours ago, Ricardo Gomez said:

It seems that VPN-users can be identified by their web browser, monitor screen size, screen resolution, and color depth of their screen.
So would it be a good idea to use several web browsers to further anonymize yourself?

It seems only recently that some browser makers are taking fingerprinting seriously.  Running multiple browsers seems like a good solution until you realise that most browsers still reveal far too much distinctive detail about the software and device they are running on.  Unless you run these browsers in isolation from one another (e.g., in specially configured VM instances), it is more likely that each browser will only create another distinctive fingerprint to be correlated with your other browser "identities".  (And it probably won't take long for that to happen.)

If you're particularly concerned with browser fingerprinting Tor Browser is probably your best choice.  Although it still stumbles a little in making all TB users look exactly the same (a fundamental intent in its design), TB is still far more aggressive in this aspect than other mainstream browsers.  Incidentally, with version 9.0 Tor Browser now enables "letterboxing" functionality intended to help mitigate the browser viewport fingerprinting you touched on.

Are there people out there who use more than one browser with their VPN?

Because it is always troublesome to do online banking and shopping with either Tor Browser or lynx, I use yet another browser almost exclusively for these purposes.  I find it very annoying (and a waste of my time) to have to use three browsers.

Also, does periodically changing the screen resolution of my monitor cause a degree of obfuscation?

Certainly, but only a degree — your screen resolution is just one of many attributes the machine learning algorithms use to separate you from other users.

I strongly recommend avoiding Chromium-based browsers. The reason is that Google have almost 70% browser market share and they are the strongest player in this field. That mean they have the highest influence on the future coding of browsers. Recently Google proposed to change the API for adblockers because Google want to make better privacy and security. This will heavily affect popular adblockers addons other than Adblock Plus. Why it didn't affect Adblock Plus you ask. Good question, it is because ABP have "Acceptable Ads" which allows companies to pay ABP to whitelist their ads. Google is among of those payers. The reality is that Google want their ads shown everywhere that the websites use. Google is the firstly an advertiser company, that where they make the most money. Back to the future browsers, Google is dangerously close becoming 1990s Microsoft due to first browsers war. That mean the history is going to repeat again.

oN WINDOWS i use firefox with the cyberdec antifingerprinter plugin.

This helps with screen res audio canvas and all the other methods that are used to fingerprint a machine.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

There's only so much masking / faking you can get away with before basic browsing becomes untenable.  You're always going to leave unique identifiers, especially if you add a bunch of privacy / anonymity add-ons to any browser.  The more you try to hide, the more unique you actually become because you're not like any other visitor on a particular website; the same holds true for niche forks of Firefox or Chromium/Chrome.  The reality is avoiding the likes of various tracking methods employed by Google, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Cloudflare, etc. is virtually impossible.  Like others have mentioned, I also use several browsers for different purposes.  To minimize tracking, avoid Windows or MacOS.  Also, stay way from Chrome/Chromium.  Some people complain about Firefox, but there are ways to minimize exposure while using it; there's a guide here: https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/15769-how-to-harden-firefox-extreme-edition/