Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.181.221
convised

Network Lock not working correctly? (new eddie user)

So when I try to connect to a server with network lock enabled the client loops from "checking route IPv6 failed" and then tries to reconnect to another server with the same result each time. I was reading other forums and tried to switch the "layer IPv6 option" to "block", Ive tried to check the "switch to block if issue detected" box under it, and have tried switching the setting "internet protocol used for connections" to IPv4 only. Each combination of these settings have not given me any results, however when I have IPv4 only on for "interface used" and I have IPv6 blocked aswell as the box under it checked, I am able to connect to a server with the network lock on, but I cannot connect to anything. I am not sure if I am misunderstanding something or if there is some other factor I am not aware of. I would just like to be able to use the network lock as a kill switch to prevent leaks. Thanks for reading :)

It's generally recommended not to enable network lock when first setting up eddie.  After you have established a stable connection through eddie, try enabling network lock.  You can always disable it if it loops again.  Also, when asking for help, you should provide as many details about your setup as possible: OS and its version, eddie version (latest stable or latest beta), connection protocol (UDP or TCP), etc.  Logs are the best way to troubleshoot specific problems.  Please read through the How to forum, particularly this guide https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/18339-guide-to-getting-started-links-for-advanced-users/  if you haven't done so already.

Posted ... (edited)
8 hours ago, monstrocity said:

It's generally recommended not to enable network lock when first setting up eddie.  After you have established a stable connection through eddie, try enabling network lock.  You can always disable it if it loops again.  Also, when asking for help, you should provide as many details about your setup as possible: OS and its version, eddie version (latest stable or latest beta), connection protocol (UDP or TCP), etc.  Logs are the best way to troubleshoot specific problems.  Please read through the How to forum, particularly this guide https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/18339-guide-to-getting-started-links-for-advanced-users/  if you haven't done so already.

How can I enable Network Lock after I have a stable connection? I only see the option to turn it on before I am connected to a server. Is there another way to enable it after I am connected to server. Btw thanks for the tips on how to forum. 

(edit): never mind my question, for some reason after I turned on my pc today the client works fine. It doesn't loop when checking for IPv6 and when Network Lock is on. Thanks for the help anyways and letting me know how to properly create a forum post. Edited ... by convised