Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.249.19
Sign in to follow this  
chucklesmcfarland

ANSWERED Tunnelblick error OSX 10.11

Hey all,
I have to use Tunnelblick due to my OS and while it does seem to work I get this error every time I connect.
Anyone know how to resolve this?
Thanks!

Warning: This VPN may not connect in the future.

The OpenVPN configuration file for 'AirVPN_All-servers_UDP-443' contains these OpenVPN options:

• 'comp-lzo' was deprecated in OpenVPN 2.4 and has been or will be removed in a later version

You should update the configuration so it can be used with modern versions of OpenVPN.

Tunnelblick will use OpenVPN 2.4.7 - OpenSSL v1.0.2t to connect this configuration.

However, you will not be able to connect to this VPN with future versions of Tunnelblick that do not include a version of OpenVPN that accepts the options.

Hello!

It's a warning and not an error. You can safely ignore it. Mutual incompatibility between "comp-lzo" and "compress" directives will cause backward compatibility break if "comp-lzo" went unsupported, so "comp-lzo" is still supported in 2.4.8, 2.5 as well as OpenVPN 3 library: OpenVPN developers might be re-planning the "transition". In any case we will intervene to preserve at the same time backward and onward compatibilities in due time, only if strictly necessary.

Kind regards