Not connected, Your IP: 3.231.229.89
feroasker

Active Subscribtion and still spam popups

Hello,
3 days ago I got myself another 1 Month sub and im still getting popup windows with the black friday sale.
It literally alt tabs me out of my games I play and ruins my experience.
I couldnt find any option to disable that.

Please tell me that it is possible to disable that popup window.
Thats literally the only negative experience I have had with this vpn service.

Please help :/

Hey all, does anyone know a way to disable the promotional pop-ups on Eddie start-up, like for black friday and thanksgiving? It's... a bit much to have my privacy product making sales pitches to me. Thanks a lot.

Posted ... (edited)
On 11/28/2019 at 11:26 AM, feroasker said:

Please tell me that it is possible to disable that popup window.

Unfortunately not. You're also not the first one with this.

Hey all, does anyone know a way to disable the promotional pop-ups on Eddie start-up, like for black friday and thanksgiving? It's... a bit much to have my privacy product making sales pitches to me. Thanks a lot.

There is none.
But the club of annoyed by this users gets larger every day. :D Edited ... by giganerd
Edited answers to suit the merge

Four simple things:
There's a guide to AirVPN. Before you ask questions, take 30 minutes of your time to go through it.

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here. It's the fallback DNS.
Running TOR exits is discouraged. They're subject to restrictions on the internet and harm all AirVPN users.

Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. If you overdo privacy, you'll be unique among the mass again.

XMPP: gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join our lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org

I'm inclined to agree on this topic. It may be worth sending in a patch to disable such unwanted behavior but that's for staff to decide whether the possible increase in sales vs annoying everyone else for a week during their promotion.

At least a "don't show this box again" would be ideal, since having it pop up many, many times is a...Well, disrespectful anyhow.

I'm surprised @Staff are such quiet on this issue, it's not the first time people mentioned this, unlike them to not take feedback directly and respond.

I've been using AirVPN for a few years now and this is the first time I've posted anything, and it's because I am getting really fed up with the pop-ups.
I wouldn't mind if there was  an option to disable it.
It would seem that AirVPN wants to exploit the fact I am literally a captive audience

Are we talking about actual pop-up windows, or browser (web push) Notifications?  If the latter, these can be disabled in your account settings.

It's about the modal dialogue that pops up right after Eddie client launches to notify of a sale.

Four simple things:
There's a guide to AirVPN. Before you ask questions, take 30 minutes of your time to go through it.

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here. It's the fallback DNS.
Running TOR exits is discouraged. They're subject to restrictions on the internet and harm all AirVPN users.

Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. If you overdo privacy, you'll be unique among the mass again.

XMPP: gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join our lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org

I only get that popup when I first start Eddie, once I close the popup it does not appear again.  I don't mind it myself, reminds me that there is an excellent savings to be had, 3 years for the price of 1, can't beat that.  However, I understand what people are saying, there should be a toggle box for those who wish it.

4 hours ago, Weasel said:

I only get that popup when I first start Eddie, once I close the popup it does not appear again.  I don't mind it myself, reminds me that there is an excellent savings to be had, 3 years for the price of 1, can't beat that.  However, I understand what people are saying, there should be a toggle box for those who wish it.

Hello!

Do you mean that you still see the popup when you re-run Eddie? It was no more sent after Black Friday sales ended, and anyway it was never sent to anyone already having a long plan. When we did not send it during the past deals, we always received a massive, massive amount of tickets for weeks, from people complaining that they were not aware of a special offer and they missed it because Eddie did not tell them anything and they discovered the special offer when it was too late.

If you still see the popup can you please report at your convenience?

Kind regards