Not connected, Your IP: 3.86.235.207
asimakis

A Records to Revers Proxy

Hey, im trying to set my A record to a domain to connect via a VPN server (to hide my physical IP and geographic location)

So it should work domain.com -> points to VPN server -> forwards to my server -> Reverse proxy to local services.

Is this possible? I feel an A record is stuck without allowing a non port 80 position..

Any ideas?

So in essence, you want to host a website on a server connected to AirVPN. You should use DDNS instead. AirDNS has something like this: When you forward a port, enter a name into the DDNS field. Wait a few minutes, then you can connect using name.airdns.org:port, port being the remote port you forwarded. The advantage is that you can connect to any server you like and the name will always point to the current exit IP of your connections.
There is no way of forwarding port 80 or 443 directly. Unfortunately you must forward another port and point it to local 80 or 443.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Doesnt seem to work to this as my domains DNS renaming process complains at the :port saying FQDN invalid..

edit: My actual server for each doesn't ever change anyway, one cert per device for each connection.

3 hours ago, asimakis said:

Doesnt seem to work to this as my domains DNS renaming process complains at the :port saying FQDN invalid..

Not quite sure what you want with a port there. If you want to use your own domain, there is no other way than pointing a CNAME record to a DDNS-updated FQDN, like the above name.airdns.org.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.