Not connected, Your IP: 52.205.159.48
Staff

Hummingbird 1.0: AirVPN client based on OpenVPN 3 AirVPN

7 minutes ago, snrtd said:

I get 100 % CPU usage at around 20 MBytes/s with CHACHA20; with AES-256-GCM I get 100 % usage at around 40 MBytes/s. Is that to be expected on a i5-7200U CPU @ 2.5 GHz?

yes.  AES is accelerated by AES-NI while chacha20 isn't.  chacha20 is for CPU without AES-NI like mobile.

17 hours ago, snrtd said:

I get 100 % CPU usage at around 20 MBytes/s with CHACHA20; with AES-256-GCM I get 100 % usage at around 40 MBytes/s. Is that to be expected on a i5-7200U CPU @ 2.5 GHz?

Hello!

Yes, as @go558a83nk explained, but in any case your CPU load is anomalous (too high) in both cases, could you please tell us your exact system architecture, OS name and version? Can you also make sure that during those tests which cause 100% CPU load no other computing intensive applications are running?

Also, how do you determine exactly that the whole CPU is 100% loaded? Please describe with details to prevent any bias from wrong interpretations, just in case.

Kind regards

How can I access the machine remotely with hummingbird enabled and on different subnets? Is there a way to allow specific hosts through the firewall with it active?

Hello!

Yes, as @go558a83nk explained, but in any case your CPU load is anomalous (too high) in both cases, could you please tell us your exact system architecture, OS name and version? Can you also make sure that during those tests which cause 100% CPU load no other computing intensive applications are running?

Also, how do you determine exactly that the whole CPU is 100% loaded? Please describe with details to prevent any bias from wrong interpretations, just in case.

Kind regards

Sorry for getting back to this so late. I’m on Arch Linux and I used some fast test server (I think it was fast.com) monitoring both bandwidth (with an applet for my sway statusbar) an CPU usage (with htop).