Not connected, Your IP: 44.212.50.220

Hi,

I've been experiencing something weird recently, although I'm not sure whether it hasn't been always the case because I haven't checked this.

Today I hopped on a website and wanted to add a comment. In the form that popped up there was a field with "You're posting from IP:" and after the colon there was my IP! I don't have geolocation turned on in my browser nor is WebRTC on. On various websites that check for IP leak, my computer comes clean (no IP or DNS leak). So how come it's visible on that particular website? The network lock on Eddie is on, and I'm using the latest version.

Thanks!

Being connected to Kitalpha (91.214.x.x), and my real IP being 79.x.x.x, I'm apparently posting from 144.76.x.x, an address belonging to Hetzner Online, a server/web hoster in Germany. That is strange indeed, and I can't give a plausible explanation now.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

So essentially, if someone put their mind to it, they could trace back the original IP from the rented one that's visible on that website? That's not what I'm paying for. How many more websites like this are there?

23 hours ago, downaddict said:

So essentially, if someone put their mind to it, they could trace back the original IP from the rented one that's visible on that website? That's not what I'm paying for. How many more websites like this are there?

Hello!

No, they can't of course. And surely nobody would pay for such a "feature"! There is no remaining trace of your real IP address in your packets once they are not between the VPN server and you, (not like in proxies which add X-Forward etc. field, obviously) and a web site owner can not access our VPN servers (again, that's obvious) as administrator or physically to perform a correlation analysis in real time.

Kind regards

On 10/14/2019 at 2:46 PM, go558a83nk said:

It's not showing our real IP.  For giganerd it was something entirely different and it's the same for me.  I have suddenlink as my ISP and am using Dallas AirVPN servers.  The IP address it thinks I'm at is 40.77..x.x which seems to belong to ARIN https://bgp.he.net/AS8075#_prefixes

I didn't say it shows our real IP (I should have specified that by my IP I meant my location). The site can somehow deduce the country I'm writing from even though I'm connected via a VPN server located in, say, Germany. And it was the same for @giganerd

I've tried with a few different servers and the IP is still pointing to Poland.

Now I appear posting from 198.208.x.x, General Motors, USA. On IPLeak it's a german IP. Still no clue about the why..

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I'm connected to a Dutch server.
When i want to post. Site says:
YOU WRITE TO US FROM THE IP ADDRESS: 54.90.131.4
That IP belongs to: Amazon.com, Inc.
It's strange, but no geo/leaks here