Not connected, Your IP: 44.208.25.215
Sign in to follow this  
EasterDonkey

Websites not loading on VPN

Hi I'm having troubling loading website when connecting to UK VPN servers. Is this some sort of country-wide conspiracy? :P :P

For example, when connected to a UK VPN I cannot load Google.com but I can load it when I'm not using VPN or when I'm connected to US VPN server. I've tried connecting directly to the IP address with the same problem so I don't think it's a DNS issue. Is there some sort of cache that's not resetting on the UK VPN server? Another thing to note is that sometimes a website will load on the second or third attempt.

All in all it's very strange and unsettling. 

Hello!

Can you both, independently, provide a list of servers you experience the various issues on?

Kind regards

On 10/9/2019 at 2:21 PM, Flx said:
On 10/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, Staff said:

list of servers you experience the various issues on?

AirVPN Canada servers (Amanah Tech servers in general mostly)

Hello!

Not reproducible so far. Can you please list server names for a more accurate cross-check?

Kind regards

I am no longer able to reproduce my inability to access Google. As for wdfi.org it looks like it is geo-restricted to USA only. A similar question along the same vein that may or may not require it's own post. Sometimes when I'm having problems and I disconnect my VPN, my IP address does not revert back to my actual location but continues to appear that I'm elsewhere. This is fixed with a reboot. Is there some command I can run to refresh my routing (on Windows)? I'm already using ipconfig /renew and ipconfig /flushdns without any luck.  

On 10/11/2019 at 7:50 AM, EasterDonkey said:

As for wdfi.org it looks like it is geo-restricted to USA only

It works just fine from AirVPN servers Canada.

Sometimes when I'm having problems and I disconnect my VPN, my IP address does not revert back to my actual location but continues to appear that I'm elsewhere.

Elsewhere such as?

I'm already using ipconfig /renew and ipconfig /flushdns without any luck.  

try to ARP flush it--->>> netsh interface ip delete arpcache
To clear any persistent routes--->> route -f

Thank you for the great info. The geo-restricting seems to be limited to North America, not just USA. The website https://www.uptrends.com/tools/uptime is very helpful to show that. 

The "elsewhere" was vague because I'm not entirely sure if the location was my previous VPN exit point as I typically VPN to an entire country. So when i'm experiencing a problem I start investigating and see that I'm not showing where I physically reside. Anyway, I'll give those two other commands a try next time. Thank you!!