Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.40.207

Hi

Maybe a dumb question but I've been using airvpn for years but i have always use a server in Canada because i wasn't sure if servers in the US are as 'safe/secure'. Is there really any difference? Is it safe to use servers in the US for torrenting? I think my speeds and latency might be better if i used a closer server. thanks in advance.

As far as i know. you can torrent on any server you want without getting any notice from your ISP. However, AirVPN recommends that you dont connect to a server in the same country you are in. Why? i dont know, i just read it on the mobile app (Eddie)

If you choose a country other than your own as egress point, you're adding another layer of security. But in the end i don't think it matters much, as all traffic is encrypted and obfuscated.

AMD Ryzen 3950X @ 105W PPL

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

AMD RX 5700 XT

Corsair DDR4-3200 32GB

Posted ... (edited)

thanks everyone for the responses. i get better ping when i pick something closer so unless i'm really trying to be on the downlow i may use a local server for routine browsing.

specifically; i got from 6 ping/900mbps direct vs 61ping/100mbps on VPN.

Edited ... by species8472
clarity