Jump to content
Not connected, Your IP: 3.214.224.224
Staff

Eddie Desktop 2.18beta released

Recommended Posts

On 2.18.6 I get a message saying "update available" even though there is no update.

Clicking it takes me to eddie.website/$platform, which is functionally useless, I'd at least expect it to take me to a .exe download prompt in my browser.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Staff said:

Hello!

Connection slots are service related, not Eddie. Please open a ticket at your convenience (if you haven't already done so) describing what you do exactly and the different behavior you see between Eddie 2.18 beta 6 and the the previous version you used.

Kind regards
 
I have been using eddie-ui for years. And it worked on my two RPi machines at the same time. 2 connection slots at the same time. Since I upgraded eddie-ui to version 2.18.6 it doesn't work on two RPi devices at the same time no more. It is working if I am using eddie-ui on one RPi and for example OpenVPN for Android on my phone. So it means that connection slots are working. However I will open a ticket and hope that hey will not say to me that I am using experimental version. By the way when do you plan to release new version? It has much more faster network locking feature then previous, that is the reasion why I do not want to revert to standard.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm getting issues on 2.18.6 while running

eddie-ui -cli -connect
basically the whole process stops at
Collect information about AirVPN completed
what's funny, if I run it w/o the -connect parameter and then trigger it with n, it will go ahead and connect to a server. I'm pretty sure it was fine in 2.18.5 beta and before.
Kali Rollin'.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, funkoholic said:

I'm getting issues on 2.18.6 while running


eddie-ui -cli -connect
basically the whole process stops at

Collect information about AirVPN completed
what's funny, if I run it w/o the -connect parameter and then trigger it with n, it will go ahead and connect to a server. I'm pretty sure it was fine in 2.18.5 beta and before.
Kali Rollin'.
I disabled latency check to avoid this issue.

Share this post


Link to post

How far away are we from the new version being released? I have not bothered to try Beta and am just waiting for the final version of the new client. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/19/2020 at 2:36 AM, xero said:

Had the same problem, it worked after a eddie restart.

Confirmed. For Eddie 2.18.6, the IPv6 check after initial clean install fails. Restarting Eddie is the workaround. Win10 64-bit.

image.png.c135b56246f0b5c9d51462ea43ff5089.png
 

Share this post


Link to post

Is anyone else having problems downloading experimental version for arch. For other distros download seems to work fine, but for arch after clicking download  the file it's trying to download is named "download.html" instead of package name thing.  And even if I tried to download that I get error in browser downloads window"Failed - No file".
I'm using brave browser.

Share this post


Link to post

Version 2.18.7 (Wed, 29 Jan 2020 13:54:35 +0000)

  • [bugfix] - Update notification for beta versions
  • [bugfix] - Windows - Message when driver installation is denied
  • [bugfix] - macOS - Fix of error "hummingbird not allowed: Not owned by root".
  • [bugfix] - Linux - Fix of error "Client not allowed: [...] parent process (spot mode)", CLI edition with sudo
  • [bugfix] - Fix of error "Failed to connect to ... port 89: Connection refused" when using Hummingbird in SSL/SSH mode
  • [bugfix] - Better exception management to avoid some crash (especially when related to Mono)
  • [bugfix] - Linux - Arch deployment and AUR management
  • [bugfix] - Tor Cookie/Password detection in every supported OS
  • [bugfix] - Updated 'curl' binary in Windows and CA file
  • [change] - macOS - Minor info.plist update in CLI edition
  • [change] - Windows/Linux - OpenVPN Management skip
  • [change] - In 'Latency mode', now load and users have minor impact on score.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/25/2020 at 7:00 AM, keikari said:

Is anyone else having problems downloading experimental version for arch. For other distros download seems to work fine, but for arch after clicking download  the file it's trying to download is named "download.html" instead of package name thing.  And even if I tried to download that I get error in browser downloads window"Failed - No file".
I'm using brave browser.

Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/23/2020 at 10:46 PM, funkoholic said:

I'm getting issues on 2.18.6 while running


eddie-ui -cli -connect
basically the whole process stops at

Collect information about AirVPN completed
what's funny, if I run it w/o the -connect parameter and then trigger it with n, it will go ahead and connect to a server. I'm pretty sure it was fine in 2.18.5 beta and before.
Kali Rollin'.

We cannot reproduce this issue. Please retry with the latest version. If the problem occurs, i will try it in Kali (your OS, right?)

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/22/2020 at 9:34 PM, airdev said:

On 2.18.6 I get a message saying "update available" even though there is no update.

Clicking it takes me to eddie.website/$platform, which is functionally useless, I'd at least expect it to take me to a .exe download prompt in my browser.

You still have this issue with 2.18.7? If so, please report your OS, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/19/2020 at 8:36 AM, xero said:

Had the same problem, it worked after a eddie restart.

 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:41 AM, hipnihilist said:

2.18.5 was working great for me.  I updated to 2.18.6 on W10 1909, and it would disconnect after trying the connection over ipv4, wouldn't even make it to ipv6.  I didn't have a 2.18.5 install, so I downgraded to 2.16.3, and it was still failing until uninstalled the latest TAP driver that 2.18.6 installed, and let 2.16.3 install the one for that version, and it started working again.  I think the issues people are getting are with the newest TAP.


Some people report issues with IPv6 connection.
Seem related only to Windows, and somehow related to the newest TAP driver.

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce those issues right now... we performed every possible test (with newest and latest Eddie version, with newest and latest tap driver version, with upgrade or not of the driver).

This is very important for us, we need to release as soon as possible a 2.18 version as stable, so if anyone discovers a sequence to reproduce the issue, please give us a feedback. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/19/2020 at 3:35 PM, colorman said:

I also tried this, indeed had to give root rights to hummingbird binary.
Eddie does work, but the ui still has the problem that it is no longer readable, that is the old problem.
So work again via the console .....
openSUSE 15.1

I tested the latest version with openSUSE 15.1, i don't understand the issue. Please report details or screenshot about the "no longer readable" issue, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/20/2019 at 1:46 PM, zsam288 said:

using 2.18.4beta

when using the scoring rule "speed" i seem to get the lowest latency server
when using the scoring rule "latency" i seem to get the server with a lower load but higher latency

this is the opposite behavior from the stable version?
one would think when selecting latency to get a server with the lowest latency?


I understand the perplexity, but even in "Latency" mode, Load and Users on the server penalize the final score (for the 'stars')

If there are:
- server A with 30ms latency, but 100 users and 80% load
and
- server B with 40ms latency, but 3 users and 5% load

even in Latency mode, B is preferred over A.

Anyway, in the latest release (2.18.7), we tuned the formula and will give less importance to load and users when in 'Latency mode'.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Clodo said:

I understand the perplexity, but even in "Latency" mode, Load and Users on the server penalize the final score (for the 'stars')

If there are:
- server A with 30ms latency, but 100 users and 80% load
and
- server B with 40ms latency, but 3 users and 5% load

even in Latency mode, B is preferred over A.

Anyway, in the latest release (2.18.7), we tuned the formula and will give less importance to load and users when in 'Latency mode'.
 Thanks, just checked on 2.18.7 and works now :)

Share this post


Link to post

MacOS:  Catalina (10.15.3)
Eddie:  2.18.7

After updating from 2.18.6 to the new 2.18.7 Eddie, I was prompted to enter my password for privilege elevation the next time I restarted Eddie.  This happened despite having the Preference set for installing the Launchd daemon (that box was still checked, as it had been in the prior betas).  I believe this happened when going from .5 to .6 as well, actually...apologies for not reporting then.

To resolve, I followed the instructions for MacOS in this part of the thread again:After removing the daemon and re-enabling the Preference, Eddies now starts without prompting for a password to elevate privileges, as expected.  Might there be a way going forward to avoid the manual intervention of removing the prior iteration of the daemon as part of each upgrade?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Clodo said:

 


Some people report issues with IPv6 connection.
Seem related only to Windows, and somehow related to the newest TAP driver.

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce those issues right now... we performed every possible test (with newest and latest Eddie version, with newest and latest tap driver version, with upgrade or not of the driver).

This is very important for us, we need to release as soon as possible a 2.18 version as stable, so if anyone discovers a sequence to reproduce the issue, please give us a feedback. Thanks.

I my case the IPv6 problem can be solved by rebooting or restarting Eddie.

Share this post


Link to post

I can't build AUR package eddie-ui-git 2.18.7-1. The problem seems to be in PKGBUILD:
 

34 "cd eddie-air" no such directory

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Clodo said:

 


Some people report issues with IPv6 connection.
Seem related only to Windows, and somehow related to the newest TAP driver.

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce those issues right now... we performed every possible test (with newest and latest Eddie version, with newest and latest tap driver version, with upgrade or not of the driver).

This is very important for us, we need to release as soon as possible a 2.18 version as stable, so if anyone discovers a sequence to reproduce the issue, please give us a feedback. Thanks.
. 2020.01.29 23:20:11 - Eddie version: 2.18.7 / windows_x64, System: Windows, Name: Windows 10 Home, Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18363.0, Mono/.Net: v4.0.30319

I had an IPv6 issue after starting Eddie after a brand new installation, then I've just closed and rebooted it and the IPv6 issue disappeared

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Clodo said:

 


Some people report issues with IPv6 connection.
Seem related only to Windows, and somehow related to the newest TAP driver.

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce those issues right now... we performed every possible test (with newest and latest Eddie version, with newest and latest tap driver version, with upgrade or not of the driver).

This is very important for us, we need to release as soon as possible a 2.18 version as stable, so if anyone discovers a sequence to reproduce the issue, please give us a feedback. Thanks.

I'm having an ipv6 issue
when checking on ipleak i can see the airvpn ipv4/ipv6
however when doing the torrent check, my real ipv6 shows, ipv4 is airvpn
i had to disable qbitorrent using ipv6 to solve this or use the network lock

also when installing 2.18.7, I got an error when the service was being installed
something along the lines "this service is not meant to be run by itself"
This caused eddie to always start in elevated mode
I had to uninstall eddie and manually delete the program files folder and re-install to solve this

Share this post


Link to post

Can´t install the new beta on windows10. There´s some error with "evelation" during installation so that I can just abort the process. Anything I can do?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, korsko said:

Can´t install the new beta on windows10. There´s some error with "evelation" during installation so that I can just abort the process. Anything I can do?

Right click on eddie-ui_2.18.7_windows-10_x64_installer.exe --> Install as Administrator

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Clodo said:
On 1/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, airdev said:

On 2.18.6 I get a message saying "update available" even though there is no update.

Clicking it takes me to eddie.website/$platform, which is functionally useless, I'd at least expect it to take me to a .exe download prompt in my browser.

You still have this issue with 2.18.7? If so, please report your OS, thanks.

It's fixed, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, korsko said:

Can´t install the new beta on windows10. There´s some error with "evelation" during installation so that I can just abort the process. Anything I can do?

Try stopping all processes starting with "eddie" via Task Manager before installing.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Security Check
    Play CAPTCHA Audio
    Refresh Image

×
×
  • Create New...