Not connected, Your IP: 3.85.241.10
Staff

Eddie Desktop 2.18beta released

I'm getting issues on 2.18.6 while running

eddie-ui -cli -connect
basically the whole process stops at
Collect information about AirVPN completed
what's funny, if I run it w/o the -connect parameter and then trigger it with n, it will go ahead and connect to a server. I'm pretty sure it was fine in 2.18.5 beta and before.
Kali Rollin'.

8 minutes ago, funkoholic said:

eddie-ui -cli -connect

what's funny, if I run it w/o the -connect parameter and then trigger it with n, it will go ahead and connect to a server. I'm pretty sure it was fine in 2.18.5 beta and before.
Kali Rollin'.
I disabled latency check to avoid this issue.

How far away are we from the new version being released? I have not bothered to try Beta and am just waiting for the final version of the new client. 

On 1/19/2020 at 2:36 AM, xero said:

Had the same problem, it worked after a eddie restart.

Confirmed. For Eddie 2.18.6, the IPv6 check after initial clean install fails. Restarting Eddie is the workaround. Win10 64-bit.

image.png.c135b56246f0b5c9d51462ea43ff5089.png

Is anyone else having problems downloading experimental version for arch. For other distros download seems to work fine, but for arch after clicking download  the file it's trying to download is named "download.html" instead of package name thing.  And even if I tried to download that I get error in browser downloads window"Failed - No file".
I'm using brave browser.

Version 2.18.7 (Wed, 29 Jan 2020 13:54:35 +0000)

• [bugfix] - Update notification for beta versions
  • [bugfix] - Windows - Message when driver installation is denied
  • [bugfix] - macOS - Fix of error "hummingbird not allowed: Not owned by root".
  • [bugfix] - Linux - Fix of error "Client not allowed: [...] parent process (spot mode)", CLI edition with sudo
  • [bugfix] - Fix of error "Failed to connect to ... port 89: Connection refused" when using Hummingbird in SSL/SSH mode
  • [bugfix] - Better exception management to avoid some crash (especially when related to Mono)
  • [bugfix] - Linux - Arch deployment and AUR management
  • [bugfix] - Tor Cookie/Password detection in every supported OS
  • [bugfix] - Updated 'curl' binary in Windows and CA file
  • [change] - macOS - Minor info.plist update in CLI edition
  • [change] - Windows/Linux - OpenVPN Management skip
  • [change] - In 'Latency mode', now load and users have minor impact on score.

On 1/25/2020 at 7:00 AM, keikari said:

Is anyone else having problems downloading experimental version for arch. For other distros download seems to work fine, but for arch after clicking download  the file it's trying to download is named "download.html" instead of package name thing.  And even if I tried to download that I get error in browser downloads window"Failed - No file".
I'm using brave browser.

Fixed.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:46 PM, funkoholic said:

eddie-ui -cli -connect

Kali Rollin'.

We cannot reproduce this issue. Please retry with the latest version. If the problem occurs, i will try it in Kali (your OS, right?)

On 1/22/2020 at 9:34 PM, airdev said:

On 2.18.6 I get a message saying "update available" even though there is no update.

Clicking it takes me to eddie.website/$platform, which is functionally useless, I'd at least expect it to take me to a .exe download prompt in my browser.

You still have this issue with 2.18.7? If so, please report your OS, thanks.

On 1/19/2020 at 8:36 AM, xero said:

Had the same problem, it worked after a eddie restart.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:41 AM, hipnihilist said:

2.18.5 was working great for me.  I updated to 2.18.6 on W10 1909, and it would disconnect after trying the connection over ipv4, wouldn't even make it to ipv6.  I didn't have a 2.18.5 install, so I downgraded to 2.16.3, and it was still failing until uninstalled the latest TAP driver that 2.18.6 installed, and let 2.16.3 install the one for that version, and it started working again.  I think the issues people are getting are with the newest TAP.

Some people report issues with IPv6 connection.
Seem related only to Windows, and somehow related to the newest TAP driver.

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce those issues right now... we performed every possible test (with newest and latest Eddie version, with newest and latest tap driver version, with upgrade or not of the driver).

This is very important for us, we need to release as soon as possible a 2.18 version as stable, so if anyone discovers a sequence to reproduce the issue, please give us a feedback. Thanks.

On 1/19/2020 at 3:35 PM, colorman said:

I also tried this, indeed had to give root rights to hummingbird binary.
Eddie does work, but the ui still has the problem that it is no longer readable, that is the old problem.
So work again via the console .....
openSUSE 15.1

I tested the latest version with openSUSE 15.1, i don't understand the issue. Please report details or screenshot about the "no longer readable" issue, thanks

On 10/20/2019 at 1:46 PM, zsam288 said:

using 2.18.4beta

when using the scoring rule "speed" i seem to get the lowest latency server
when using the scoring rule "latency" i seem to get the server with a lower load but higher latency

this is the opposite behavior from the stable version?
one would think when selecting latency to get a server with the lowest latency?

I understand the perplexity, but even in "Latency" mode, Load and Users on the server penalize the final score (for the 'stars')

If there are:
- server A with 30ms latency, but 100 users and 80% load
and
- server B with 40ms latency, but 3 users and 5% load

even in Latency mode, B is preferred over A.

Anyway, in the latest release (2.18.7), we tuned the formula and will give less importance to load and users when in 'Latency mode'.

5 minutes ago, Clodo said:

I understand the perplexity, but even in "Latency" mode, Load and Users on the server penalize the final score (for the 'stars')

If there are:
- server A with 30ms latency, but 100 users and 80% load
and
- server B with 40ms latency, but 3 users and 5% load

even in Latency mode, B is preferred over A.

Anyway, in the latest release (2.18.7), we tuned the formula and will give less importance to load and users when in 'Latency mode'.
 Thanks, just checked on 2.18.7 and works now :)

MacOS:  Catalina (10.15.3)
Eddie:  2.18.7

After updating from 2.18.6 to the new 2.18.7 Eddie, I was prompted to enter my password for privilege elevation the next time I restarted Eddie.  This happened despite having the Preference set for installing the Launchd daemon (that box was still checked, as it had been in the prior betas).  I believe this happened when going from .5 to .6 as well, actually...apologies for not reporting then.

To resolve, I followed the instructions for MacOS in this part of the thread again:After removing the daemon and re-enabling the Preference, Eddies now starts without prompting for a password to elevate privileges, as expected.  Might there be a way going forward to avoid the manual intervention of removing the prior iteration of the daemon as part of each upgrade?

5 hours ago, Clodo said:

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce those issues right now... we performed every possible test (with newest and latest Eddie version, with newest and latest tap driver version, with upgrade or not of the driver).

This is very important for us, we need to release as soon as possible a 2.18 version as stable, so if anyone discovers a sequence to reproduce the issue, please give us a feedback. Thanks.

I my case the IPv6 problem can be solved by rebooting or restarting Eddie.

I can't build AUR package eddie-ui-git 2.18.7-1. The problem seems to be in PKGBUILD:

34 "cd eddie-air" no such directory

7 hours ago, Clodo said:

. 2020.01.29 23:20:11 - Eddie version: 2.18.7 / windows_x64, System: Windows, Name: Windows 10 Home, Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.18363.0, Mono/.Net: v4.0.30319

I had an IPv6 issue after starting Eddie after a brand new installation, then I've just closed and rebooted it and the IPv6 issue disappeared

16 hours ago, Clodo said:

I'm having an ipv6 issue
when checking on ipleak i can see the airvpn ipv4/ipv6
however when doing the torrent check, my real ipv6 shows, ipv4 is airvpn
i had to disable qbitorrent using ipv6 to solve this or use the network lock

also when installing 2.18.7, I got an error when the service was being installed
something along the lines "this service is not meant to be run by itself"
This caused eddie to always start in elevated mode
I had to uninstall eddie and manually delete the program files folder and re-install to solve this

Can´t install the new beta on windows10. There´s some error with "evelation" during installation so that I can just abort the process. Anything I can do?

1 hour ago, korsko said:

Can´t install the new beta on windows10. There´s some error with "evelation" during installation so that I can just abort the process. Anything I can do?

Right click on eddie-ui_2.18.7_windows-10_x64_installer.exe --> Install as Administrator

5 hours ago, korsko said:

Try stopping all processes starting with "eddie" via Task Manager before installing.

First of all I'm not an expert about VPN-ish topics.

Looking at the logs I've noticed Eddie uses OpenVPN > library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.0l  10 Sep 2019 but here ( https://www.openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html ) it is said that Versions 1.1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.0 and 0.9.8 are no longer supported and that since OpenSSL 1.1.0 is not an LTS release it will start receiving security fixes only and it will cease receiving all support in one years time (https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2018/09/11/release111/).

I am just curious to know if there is a particular reason to not update to the 1.1.1 branch.

Win10 64 bit Home. Had problem with 2.18.7 install over 2.18.6 because of elevation service as mentioned earlier by another user. Uninstalled Eddie 2.18.6 only to find the elevation service still existed and was running. Manually stopped the service, but still got elevation service error trying to install. Cancelled install and rebooted. Installed again to get a elevation service error, but the install continued. Had to reboot again. Then the fix for the elevation service that I had manually stopped was to deselect and re-select the elevation setting to get the service in sync with the program. Someone who may have never installed the elevation service may not have this issue, but it looks to be a concern when service versions are incremented.

2 hours ago, Fly AirVPN said:

Win10 64 bit Home. Had problem with 2.18.7 install over 2.18.6 because of elevation service as mentioned earlier by another user. Uninstalled Eddie 2.18.6 only to find the elevation service still existed and was running. Manually stopped the service, but still got elevation service error trying to install. Cancelled install and rebooted. Installed again to get a elevation service error, but the install continued. Had to reboot again. Then the fix for the elevation service that I had manually stopped was to deselect and re-select the elevation setting to get the service in sync with the program. Someone who may have never installed the elevation service may not have this issue, but it looks to be a concern when service versions are incremented.

Yes, it only works if you uninstall eddie first, stop evelation service via task manager and delete the airvpn folder in the software folder. Then reboot and you are able to install the new beta. It had nothing to do with administration rights, but thanks for the help!

Running MacOS Mojave 12.14.6 on a 5,1 Mac Pro I finally got the Hummingbird option to work without crashing by cloning Eddie settings from my MacbookPro  (same operating system and Mojave version). However, after a couple hours this popped up on the menubar window tab display:  Hummingbird>ERROR:N_KEV_EXPIRE. Also, in the "Stats" tab I'm unable to update the pinger stats; double clicking does nothing. The server connection seems unaffected, however. I looked in the logs tab and saw a lot of Humminbird activity but nothing that looked weird.