Not connected, Your IP: 18.234.55.154
eburom

Relate port forwardind/DDNS to Device keys

Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding AirVPN's port forwarding/DDNS service and the "new" multiple Device keys per user feature:

From your "What is Dynamic DNS" section I can read:
When a Premium member connects to an Air VPN server, the .airdns.org DNS record is updated to the exit-IP address of that server. Therefore, be aware that this service may be unusable when you establish multiple connections to different servers from different devices with the same account (in such cases, you need to point directly to the exit-IP address of the server, or use some third-party DDNS which you manually set).

I understand how this worked before the multiple Device keys feature came into play but now we can have multiple devices connected to the same server, in which case my guess is that not even trying to point directly to the exit-IP address would make the port forwarding work.

My suggestion is to relate de DDNS service to a Device key. For example, adding a "Device key" selector to the port forwarding menu. This way we would have 2 benefits. First, DDNS service would work as long as there were only one device using the related Device key, letting the user have some other connections at the same time. Second, even if a user ended up with a second connection to the very same server, the port forwarding feature would still work for the device with the proper Device key.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

12 hours ago, eburom said:

I understand how this worked before the multiple Device keys feature came into play but now we can have multiple devices connected to the same server,

Why would you connect to the same server?
13 hours ago, eburom said:

My suggestion is to relate de DDNS service to a Device key. For example, adding a "Device key" selector to the port forwarding menu. This way we would have 2 benefits. First, DDNS service would work as long as there were only one device using the related Device key, letting the user have some other connections at the same time. Second, even if a user ended up with a second connection to the very same server, the port forwarding feature would still work for the device with the proper Device key.

What you are asking for is possible.
Staff may be able to offer a better answer; and why they configured it as it is right now.

12 hours ago, Flx said:

Why would you connect to the same server?

It's not like I have a great interest on that, but being able to would save me the hassle of avoiding that server from my other devices.

Anyway, it's nothing I can't live without just that I thought it would be more convenient done this way as users would be able to take advantage of both DDNS and multiple device connections simultaneously.

Just an idea.

7 hours ago, eburom said:

It's not like I have a great interest on that, but being able to would save me the hassle of avoiding that server from my other devices.

Anyway, it's nothing I can't live without just that I thought it would be more convenient done this way as users would be able to take advantage of both DDNS and multiple device connections simultaneously.

Most don't "probably" need this. Why don't you do this on your client-side?
Wait for an answer from Staff/Admins.

Hi!

I think my doubt is related to this topic. I have 03 devices and i already create and named 03 device keys. When i open Eddie UI i can see the 03 devices... i pick any and connect sucessfully.  When i try to connect the other device to the same VPN server i always get the same IP and this avoid all my port forward. The problem is that i connect to Brazil that has 02 servers only so... i am not able to use any other device.  I need to be connected to a server in Brazil because of the speed it offers (d/l and u/l) and also to bypass my ISP CGNAT restrictions. How can i connect the third device?

Any help will be appreciated.

see message  image.thumb.png.cce78f821734155a98911eed755554f3.png

THX,
Braz.

Posted ... (edited)
12 hours ago, Staff said:
@BrazMan

Hello,

that's normal (expected) as the server inbound ports are the same (each VPN server has ONE exit-IP address).

Kind regards

Hi!

Thanks for the info! So i will be "forced" to connect to other server... Right? If yes, can´t see advantage to have 5 concurrent sessions.

THX,
Braz. Edited ... by BrazMan
apply more info

On 8/27/2019 at 4:42 PM, BrazMan said:

When i open Eddie UI i can see the 03 devices... i pick any and connect sucessfully.  When i try to connect the other device to the same VPN server i always get the same IP and this avoid all my port forward.

@BrazMan
If you use the same account to connect to the same server on 3 different devices "computers/machines" this will not work.
Suggestion:
Create a second account Brazman1 and use that on the second device.(connected to the second server);but this will cost you.
P.S. I do NOT use Eddie app only Vanilla/Native OpenVPN.
Regards,
Flx

12 hours ago, Flx said:
@BrazMan
If you use the same account to connect to the same server on 3 different devices "computers/machines" this will not work.
Suggestion:
Create a second account Brazman1 and use that on the second device.(connected to the second server);but this will cost you.
P.S. I do NOT use Eddie app only Vanilla/Native OpenVPN.
Regards,
Flx

Thanks for the info @Flx

I will keep with 02 devices then.
I can´t pay for another subscription now!
THX,
Braz. 

On 9/14/2019 at 2:45 AM, Flx said:
The choice is yours. Enjoy AirVPN!

Ok!
Thanks i understand that was your opinion and i thank you for that :)
but is i am little upset with this "issue".
Thank you for all your help! I will see what i am going to do.

Braz.