Not connected, Your IP: 107.21.176.63
dfgcfghcfghvhgxcfh

Checking route IPv4 always fails

2 hours ago, kwolf said:

There are other threads about this topic, but the upshot is that there's an expired cert.  A couple of ways to work around it: set your system clock back a week or whatever.  Alternatively if you're on Mac or Linux you can create the file: ~/.curlrc and put a single line in it: --insecure

@kwolf
thanks for the advice works for me on linux

1 hour ago, mecdeva said:

Isn't that kind of like saying that because the oil needed changing in your Chevrolet you're going to be switching to a Ford?
This is obviously a temporary glitch/maintenance issue that will be fixed.   I still trust AirVPN far more than any other VPN service, and this sort of thing can happen with any of them.  It's hard to be patient I know when we're paying for a service. 
Just my opinion FWIW.

Totally agree.  This won't stop me from recommending AirVPN as the service i have the most trust / faith in when it comes to privacy.
This is the first glitch i've experienced with AirVPN and i've been with them for years now.

Hello,
we have experienced a problem with VPN server LetsEncrypt certificates deployment. The system procedure got stuck and failed to deploy updated certificates. In turn, such a failure caused "route check" failures on Eddie desktop editions, and ONLY on it, due to expired certificates verified by cURL during the route check phase.

The problem has been affecting a wide amount of VPN servers for about 8 hours and has been resolved completely now. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards

Hello!

Please note that we did not let the certificates expire. Deployment of new certificates always occur in due time and automatically. In this case the deployment got stuck (for a bug introduced by a human error, of course, but we are all human beings) when only a part of the VPN servers certificates were deployed. About 3/5 of the servers remained with old certificates, which expired 8 hours ago. The problem has been resolved.

Kind regards

13 minutes ago, Staff said:

Hello!

Please note that we did not let the certificates expire. Deployment of new certificates always occur in due time and automatically. In this case the deployment got stuck (for a bug introduced by a human error, of course, but we are all human beings) when only a part of the VPN servers certificates were deployed. About 3/5 of the servers remained with old certificates, which expired 8 hours ago. The problem has been resolved.

Kind regards

Excellent and prompt response as always. That's why I spend my money here. 😁😁😁

7 hours ago, 3tigerlillies said:

Tried three different Linux kernels before getting here. Like JohnSmith 101 says, Alkes is up, but I dont like using USA servers, a European connection is what I want.

I'd try that as a Linux user myself but (create it; where?), some help would have been appreciated. Any one can say "create a file" and give half an answer.

Apologies for the confusion.  Seems like things have been fixed now.  For future reference, ~/someFile is a Unix-y (Linux, MacOS, and the like) short hand for a file named "someFile" in your user's home directory (the ~/ part).

5 hours ago, pwolverine said:

Totally agree.  This won't stop me from recommending AirVPN as the service i have the most trust / faith in when it comes to privacy.
This is the first glitch i've experienced with AirVPN and i've been with them for years now.

Indeed. IMO, AirVPN has an outstanding track record notwithstanding this unforeseen circumstance. I am sure they will factor this experience into their support protocol from now on.

1 hour ago, kwolf said:

Apologies for the confusion. Seems like things have been fixed now. For future reference, ~/someFile is a Unix-y (Linux, MacOS, and the like) short hand for a file named "someFile" in your user's home directory (the ~/ part).

Thanks for this and noted for future reference.

It always amazes me, that when a glitch such as this happens, the amount of people who spit their dummies out. It seems very few people have much patience these days. Microsoft users I expect 😉

All sorted by AirVPN and pretty quickly too. Big thumbs up. 👍

7 hours ago, Staff said:

Hello!

Kind regards

great - thank for the explanation and timely attention... thanks...

To those still happy with airVPN: this has been going on for two or more likely three days for me. I waited a day and then sent logs, tracerts, etc and airVPN told me there was no problem on their end, nothing they could do. 

I understand glitches, but prompt resolution? Hardly. Great tech support? Not in this instance. 

And it it is still not working on most of my devices. 

48 minutes ago, Tex257 said:

To those still happy with airVPN: this has been going on for two or more likely three days for me. I waited a day and then sent logs, tracerts, etc and airVPN told me there was no problem on their end, nothing they could do. 

I understand glitches, but prompt resolution? Hardly. Great tech support? Not in this instance. 

With your issue are you able to log in at all with Eddie on desktop? Trying to figure out if I’m the only one still getting these curl 28 timeout errors upon logging in attempts 

49 minutes ago, Tex257 said:

So it was a totally different problem, please do not hi-jack threads otherwise confusion will reign.

Kind regards

2 hours ago, carlb said:

I'm getting Route IPv6 failures...

Hello,

that's a different, unrelated problem (OpenVPN older than 2.4 version and Eddie checking IPv6 route anyway), check your ticket for a quick fix (for the readers: upgrade your Linux system to OpenVPN 2.4 or higher version, OR block "IPv6 layer" in Eddie's  "Preferences" > "Networking" window).

Kind regards

49 minutes ago, Staff said:

So it was a totally different problem, please do not hi-jack threads otherwise confusion will reign.

Kind regards

Sorry. Since I am having to read and post from a small phone, I guess I got confused as to which of several problems were preventing people from using airVPN. 

Just now, Tex257 said:
52 minutes ago, Staff said:

Kind regards

Sorry. Since I am having to read and post from a small phone, I guess I got confused as to which of several problems were preventing people from using airVPN. 

No problems, it was to clarify with the readers and to optimize a proper solution search. As usual, do not forget to open tickets.

Kind regards

52 minutes ago, Hyperlooney said:
1 hour ago, Tex257 said:

With your issue are you able to log in at all with Eddie on desktop? Trying to figure out if I’m the only one still getting these curl 28 timeout errors upon logging in attempts 
I last tried around the time of my post, but no, I have been unable to login using Eddie (windows and Mac). I also am unable to see the air sites on both. On my iOS device I can now login via the OpenVPN app and it seems functional. To be clear, during the several days of issues I could login using openvpn on iOS but could not access ANY websites.

On 8/18/2019 at 7:29 AM, Malaclypse said:
On 8/18/2019 at 7:27 AM, Slackjawed Cletus said:

Under the "DNS" settings tab, deselect "Check AirVPN DNS", then go to the "Advanced" tab and deselect "Check if the Tunnel Works".  Worked for me on v2.17.2

Thanks that works!
After 2hrs spent wasted trying to find a solution, including the typical remove IPV6 etc. this is the only thing that has worked for me. I'm on V2.20.0 (updated today) - thank you for posting this.