Not connected, Your IP: 34.205.246.61
dfgcfghcfghvhgxcfh

Checking route IPv4 always fails

There are other threads about this topic, but the upshot is that there's an expired cert.  A couple of ways to work around it: set your system clock back a week or whatever.  Alternatively if you're on Mac or Linux you can create the file: ~/.curlrc and put a single line in it: --insecure

3 minutes ago, zKraygrfdQ3NMXx2ApbeY said:

Is this problem fixed? I have a MacBookAIr with MasOS 10.13.6. 
Can't connect - eddie stalls at checking IPV4

Did you read the rest of the thread?  There are solutions to work around it.  You can either set your system clock backwards a week, or you can create the file ~/.curlrc and put the line --insecure into it.  Either way should let your Mac connect correctly.

-k

2 minutes ago, expo-1951 said:

Just connected to "Lalande" server in Brazil via Eddie. Tried .curlrc trick - no dice.

That's odd.  I wonder why it wouldn't work for you.  Did you try setting your system clock back?

2 minutes ago, kwolf said:

You can either set your system clock backwards a week

You know how much that can mess with your system especially on Windows machines?

1 minute ago, Malaclypse said:
4 minutes ago, kwolf said:

You can either set your system clock backwards a week

You know how much that can mess with your system especially on Windows machines?
Yes I imagine it would mess with your system (though I don't use Windows much).

2 minutes ago, Slackjawed Cletus said:

Under the "DNS" settings tab, deselect "Check AirVPN DNS", then go to the "Advanced" tab and deselect "Check if the Tunnel Works".  Worked for me on v2.17.2

Thanks that works!

I have the Eddie client installed on several virtual machines that do not change in any way, no updates or anything.

The issue is 100% AirVPN.

Certain servers work, but almost all of them do not. However, if you use the standard OpenVPN client, then AirVPN services do work.

AirVPN is one of the only VPN companies that I have ever trusted to handle network security for me.... But this is really not good. I use AirVPN because they use stronger encryption than most of the other VPN companies.... Also, back when OpenVPN was having security issues, AirVPN was one of the first companies to update to the latest version of OpenVPN........ But this current issue seems VERY unprofessional for a VPN service.

I most likely will be switching to a different service.

18 minutes ago, Slackjawed Cletus said:

Under the "DNS" settings tab, deselect "Check AirVPN DNS", then go to the "Advanced" tab and deselect "Check if the Tunnel Works".  Worked for me on v2.17.2.  Just a very temporary fix.

Thanks that one worked for me too.  For those users thinking of switching VPN's, I have to say i've been with AirVPN for years and never a problem.
These things do happen, but we are really lucky it is extremely rare for any problems popping up with AirVPN.  Hopefully it will be fixed quickly.

Tried three different Linux kernels before getting here. Like JohnSmith 101 says, Alkes is up, but I dont like using USA servers, a European connection is what I want.

3 hours ago, kwolf said:

Alternatively if you're on Mac or Linux you can create the file: ~/.curlrc and put a single line in it: --insecure

I'd try that as a Linux user myself but (create it; where?), some help would have been appreciated. Any one can say "create a file" and give half an answer.

29 minutes ago, Slackjawed Cletus said:

Under the "DNS" settings tab, deselect "Check AirVPN DNS", then go to the "Advanced" tab and deselect "Check if the Tunnel Works".  Worked for me on v2.17.2.  Just a very temporary fix.

Ok, that works just fine.......connected through a Dutch Server now. Happy for the moment

Using v2.17.3

Same issues here. SSL certificate has expired, apparently, according to my logs. Looks like this is a problem at AirVPN's end and not anything to do with our computers.

Same issue here on my Linux machine. No connection possible with Eddie, checking route always fails. OpenVPN profiles on iOS works though. Hope for a quick fix and and a transparent explanation from AirVPN. 

Same here. hope this gets fixed quickly
If you reset your system time to back  (I went back a week, so that my day of week will still be correct) or earlier, then I believe you should be able to connect. 
It works for me.

1 hour ago, RandomlyGenerated said:

Isn't that kind of like saying that because the oil needed changing in your Chevrolet you're going to be switching to a Ford?
This is obviously a temporary glitch/maintenance issue that will be fixed.   I still trust AirVPN far more than any other VPN service, and this sort of thing can happen with any of them.  It's hard to be patient I know when we're paying for a service. 
Just my opinion FWIW.

1 hour ago, RandomlyGenerated said:

I have the Eddie client installed on several virtual machines that do not change in any way, no updates or anything.

The issue is 100% AirVPN.

Certain servers work, but almost all of them do not. However, if you use the standard OpenVPN client, then AirVPN services do work.

AirVPN is one of the only VPN companies that I have ever trusted to handle network security for me.... But this is really not good. I use AirVPN because they use stronger encryption than most of the other VPN companies.... Also, back when OpenVPN was having security issues, AirVPN was one of the first companies to update to the latest version of OpenVPN........ But this current issue seems VERY unprofessional for a VPN service.

https://hacks.mozilla.org/2019/05/technical-details-on-the-recent-firefox-add-on-outage/

Cert' issues can happen to everyone, every service, every organization so it would be quite silly and hysteric moving from Air for something that happened even to Mozilla three months (!) ago

Same for me. SSL certificate expired. This appears in the logs:

"curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired"

Surely someone should know when their certificates expire and renew them in time? Their whole business relies on this... 😕

I have the same problem. I first noticed it early this morning when I tried, and failed, to switch to a Hong Kong server to get round a filehost block. This was not long after I'd installed the latest Windows 8.1 update package, so of course I blamed Microsoft. The usual fixes - cold boots for PC and router - didn't help, but 30 minutes ago, I let one PC cycle through all the UK servers, and it eventually found a server it could connect to: Asterion.