Not connected, Your IP: 54.146.154.243

Airvpn was working fine earlier today using older version of eddie client.

I disconnected from server, logged out and then closed the program all went fine but then I go to open program again and get error.

I restarted the computer launched it again same thing..

Uninstalled Eddie and restarted computer then installed latest version still getting the error.

I removed .net and ran ms cleaning tool for it restarted and installed 4.5 then restarted computer again installed eddie still same error.

I thought maybe something iffy on system so ran multi malware and anti virus software all came back fine also ran ms .net verification/repair tool which showed it is fine.

what is going on?

error.JPG

In a command prompt/PowerShell window, do these two:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
sfc /scannow

Courtesy of the Microsoft community.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Those two applications are official tools to fix up Windows files to some extent. I can't say that I ever witnessed them breaking stuff unless you're using a modified Windows image.

2 hours ago, giganerd said:

Those two applications are official tools to fix up Windows files to some extent. I can't say that I ever witnessed them breaking stuff unless you're using a modified Windows image.

Which I am tweaked Win 7 to remove and disable fair amount of stuff which has been reset now

even so it didnt solve .net issue

I installed latest 4.7.2 to see if that changed anything and it did not.

3 minutes ago, edgfactor said:

Which I am tweaked Win 7 to remove and disable fair amount of stuff which has been reset now

Well, Q.E.D. :D

Okay. Try uninstalling everything that references .NET 4.0 in its name completely, then execute the following two installers in that order:
.NET 4.0 Client Profile
.NET 4.0 Full Installer

Courtesy of CNET forums thread mscoreei.dll load error.

If that doesn't work.. giving support to someone who modifies core Windows functionality is difficult. Stop these modifications or detail what you did.

4 hours ago, giganerd said:

Well, Q.E.D. :D

Okay. Try uninstalling everything that references .NET 4.0 in its name completely, then execute the following two installers in that order:
.NET 4.0 Client Profile
.NET 4.0 Full Installer

Courtesy of CNET forums thread mscoreei.dll load error.

If that doesn't work.. giving support to someone who modifies core Windows functionality is difficult. Stop these modifications or detail what you did.

Already tried that even used MS tool which removes all .net and cleans up the files then tried installing those you linked to which didn't fix it so tried in stages from 4.0 with all windows updates then 4.5 etc again still didnt work.

Lucky I had a backup image of my main drive from last month so used that to restore and now all good again.

I didn't mod any core of the OS i tweaked it which has no effect on the core its like some one changing mouse scroll speed. or selecting in a program for it to not start with windows.

If you are using Blackviper guide for tweaking your Windows 7, then that guide made recommendation to disable the services that would affect the core functionality of OS.

I found that there are a few services that .Net Framework relies on them. Disabling them may prevent them from functioning. It just a shot in the dark, have you check Mircosoft .Net Framework NGEN service? the default setting should be manual.