Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.145.114
Sign in to follow this  
mrgutis

ANSWERED Win10 System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Hello,
Eddie (2.16.3) runs ok by itself but I cannot do anything in preferences (change protocols, set it not to start with windows or do anything else). Always get that crash error System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).
Is there any way that somehow windows is blocking it's access?

Based on the context of your post and the error message, it seem that it is referring that you do have insufficient permission to open them. Eddie required to be run as admin due to how Eddie operated. When you open Eddie, did you get UAC (User Account Control) prompt to run Eddie as admin? Are you using User or Limited Account in Windows? It look like you have the right permission to open Eddie but the permission to open the preference see to be in the wrong permission that resulted you being denied from accessing them.

Thanks for answer, and yes, UAC pops up and I give access and I run under administrator privileges and even tried to run app under administrator... What makes all things weird I don't know where to start looking at.. .as I imagine it needs admin rights as well to shift traffic under different network peripheral to encrypt channel and it has no problem doing that... just when I access whats related to preferences I get this error. Thought maybe antivirus is too aggressive and disabled it but with the same result.

It seem that the AirVPN files in the folder do not have a permission to access based on the access of the file that it need under your account. Meaning some of the files changed to a different permission than it originally are.

I would recommend to wait for @Staff to chime in and recommend the fix since they are knowledgeable with this.

Mines doing the same thing, yet works fine on my windows 7 PC. No longer working on windows 10 and Im getting the same error too

@mrgutis and @Furb05, can you post the Event Viewer log? Event Viewer log will help to provide a further clue of the issue. Go to Event Viewer, I believe the event is logged under Windows Logs>Application. Once you get the error, remember the date and time when the error occurred, then go to Event Viewer and look for that error for that specific time and date when it happened. Don't be afraid that the Event Viewer may show thousand of logs which is normal. When you found the error, click on it. There is a details page section under the list of errors. Inside the box where it will explain the errors, copy and paste it here.

@Furb05 Great! Happy to know that you fixed it. Can you please share how you fix it? It will be easier to provide a troubleshoot for the future users who will have this similar issue.