Not connected, Your IP: 44.197.214.36
talkoff24

Etisalat (wifi & 4g) dpi, high throttling on voip packets

Hi Respected team,

Device Oneplus5 Android version 9

This is to inform you that yesterday itself our vpn stopped working etisalat wifi and mobile data can't login to any servers. Mostly i am using airvpn for voiping whatsapp call and another VoIP applications. Calls are always dropping and other side party can't hear. In UDP protocol i used 443 and 2018 none of them are not working. When I use TCP there was audio delay is happening.Also vpn is very slow.Kindly help me out on this issue asap.

Please help me

Micky

Did you try connecting with tls-crypt?
Try this in addition to TCP port 443.

Also, what countries/servers did you connect to?

As far as I know, DE-CIX has direct peering to Africa/Middle East. So you could try the Frankfurt servers.

34 minutes ago, HannaForest said:

Did you try connecting with tls-crypt?
Try this in addition to TCP port 443.

Yes.Yes  i tried. when i was try to connect TCP using 443 port voice delay happening also the vpn is very slow as well.

Do you have a PC/Notebook?

if so, you can select SSL or SSH in the Protocols settings and compare the speeds.

And in your wi-fi settings, you can set your wifi network as "unmetered". That increased my speed.
Maybe it'll help.

On 7/17/2019 at 6:52 PM, HannaForest said:

And in your wi-fi settings, you can set your wifi network as "unmetered". That increased my speed.
Maybe it'll help.

I did like that, no significant speed changs.

On 7/17/2019 at 6:50 PM, HannaForest said:

Do you have a PC/Notebook?

if so, you can select SSL or SSH in the Protocols settings and compare the speeds.

Mostly i am using android, not using notebook at all.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:50 PM, go558a83nk said:

TCP causes too much latency.  Try UDP ports but using Entry IP 3 or 4.

I changed the tcp port, can't entry IP 3 or 4. Please explain the procedure in android. If possible kindly upload screenshot.

16 hours ago, antisisi said:

Also in a DPI country - VPN over SSH and SSL work, though of course with significant speed hits. Also check out the ChaCha20 beta on android which, in this location at least, is working very well.

Another tweaking can we add it on the android?, so that we can beaten throttling speed.kindly advice me.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:50 PM, go558a83nk said:

TCP causes too much latency.  Try UDP ports but using Entry IP 3 or 4.

This is applicable for android or desktop application?

On 7/17/2019 at 3:48 PM, HannaForest said:

Also, what countries/servers did you connect to?

As far as I know, DE-CIX has direct peering to Africa/Middle East. So you could try the Frankfurt servers.

Connected, voice packets has glitches. ukraine servers are working for me. UDP>Port 2018> but there are interference. 

I had tested one vpn with TLS protocol, it was worked in both isp's. Please explain how i can enable TLS in air vpn.

I think in android in the settings you select TLS mode as tls-crypt.  That's the same as entry IP 3 or 4 I was talking about.  You definitely want to try to use UDP either way.