Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.31.209
ayampols

AirVPN not Blocking Ports

What is the correct procedure to request that AirVPN cease blocking specific ports on specific hosts?

Example:
DNS Name: orchestraltools.com
Online DNS Resolution: 85.13.139.8
Online Port Check (80): Open
Online Port Check (443): Open

Local DNS Resolution: 85.13.139.8
Local ping test: Success
Local Port Check w. AirVPN (80): Closed
Local Port Check w. AirVPN (443): Closed

Hello!

We do not block any outbound port except 25. We are forced to do it to mitigate mail spamming.

Outbound ports 80 and 443, as well as any other port except 25, are not blocked for any destination.

Kind regards

Just now, Staff said:

We do not block any outbound port except 25.

The results of our tests, when connected to an AirVPN server, seem to be contrary to your assertion. While connected to an AirVPN server, this is what we observe:

nc -vz 85.13.139.8 25
     Connection to 85.13.139.8 port 25 [tcp/smtp] succeeded!

nc -vz 85.13.139.8 80
     nc: connectx to 85.13.139.8 port 80 (tcp) failed: Operation timed out

nc -vz 85.13.139.8 443
     nc: connectx to 85.13.139.8 port 443 (tcp) failed: Operation timed out

Yet, when we disconnect from the VPN, full connectivity is re-established. We have tried servers in different countries, but all seem to yield the aforementioned results.

Other than AirVPN, what could explain our observations? Could there be a setting we missed? 

Other than AirVPN, what could explain our observations?

Hello!

The final web server and/or firewall on the final service machine blocking our VPN servers exit-IP addresses on ports 80 and 443 explains your observations.

Kind regards

5 minutes ago, Staff said:
The final web server and/or firewall on the final service machine blocking our VPN servers exit-IP addresses on ports 80 and 443 explains your observations.

Yes, understood. Thank you. In short, AirVPN's servers are being blocked, rather than doing the blocking themselves. 
Of course to the end user, the difference is immaterial. Pity.

Of course to the end user, the difference is immaterial. Pity.

A user can be sure that we do not infringe end-to-end connectivity principle and draw his/her own conclusions. It makes a world of difference and raises various questions, for example why does a service want to know your real IP address?

Kind regards

why does a service want to know your real IP address?

I have no evidence to support the hypothesis that orchestraltools.com is blocking AirVPN's traffic due merely to the fact that the site requires knowledge of a browser's real ip address. If this were true, I would experience the same issues with AirVPN's competitors, and with my company's own VPN, which performs the same real-ip obfuscation, just as effectively. 

The evidence here is only that AirVPN managed to get its exit IP addresses on this site's blacklist, while the other VPN's in my test suite have not.

10 hours ago, ayampols said:

I have no evidence to support the hypothesis that orchestraltools.com is blocking AirVPN's traffic due merely to the fact that the site requires knowledge of a browser's real ip address. If this were true, I would experience the same issues with AirVPN's competitors, and with my company's own VPN, which performs the same real-ip obfuscation, just as effectively. 

The evidence here is only that AirVPN managed to get its exit IP addresses on this site's blacklist, while the other VPN's in my test suite have not.

Hello!

We see now that the web site you mention also blocks some Tor exit-nodes we tested. This fact alone puts an end to your insinuations: go trolling somewhere else.

Kind regards