Not connected, Your IP: 54.87.90.21
Sign in to follow this  
Zarkov

Eddie won't start at boot on Windows 10

I've tried a heap of different things, from simply checking the start at boot to putting a shortcut into the startup folder (run:startup) to creating a scheduled task on boot and even to putting an entry into the registry (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run) and nothing seems to work to get Eddie to start on system boot.  Nothing seems to work.  Eddie will not start at bootup on my Windows 10 machine.  Does anyone have a solution?

I believe Eddie needs to run with elevated security/"as administrator"? Perhaps that is not happening?

I use the basic OpenVPN client rather than Eddie. But to get it to run as administrator at boot I checked "Run with Highest privileges." in Task Scheduler.

Also, I have no trigger for it in Task Scheduler. Instead in the Startup Folder I have a link to a .bat file with the command "schtasks /run /tn openvpn_at_boot". This way I can test it without having to reboot. My hope is that this way it will start up at boot in exactly the same  context as during my testing.

Also, for what it is worth, I used "Export ..." and "Import Task ..." to and from XML to change the priority from the low priority that Task Scheduler sets by default (I have "<Priority>4</Priority>"). There are options that Task Scheduler will not let you set via its GUI.

Hope this helps.