Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.4.181
eagleeye1

is eddie client (curl.exe) spying?

Posted ... (edited)

eddie client (curl.exe) send encrypt data to unknown server regularly,  is curl.exe spying on my system ?

X

X

X

Edited ... by eagleeye1

Hello!

The list you made includes IP addresses of bootstrap servers used to download servers and client information to build a configuration file for OpenVPN according to your preferences.

Eddie is free and open source software, therefore you can verify from the source code that Eddie sends only your username and password to the bootstrap servers, as well as the data required to negotiate the encrypted connection over HTTP.

As usual, you are not forced to run Eddie to connect to our service. You can run OpenVPN or any OpenVPN frontend. Our Configuration Generator can generate all the profiles you need to connect.

Kind regards

If they were Facebook or Google IPs, I'd be concerned. Everyone knows Cloudflare, we know LeaseWeb, some know DigitalOcean and I know netcup. They're all web hosters, so whatever "spying" you refer to, you always refer to something AirVPN Staff set up, if at all. No third-parties involved.

But generally, it's good to know people do have a closer look on what their computer is doing. just don't condemn everything unknown as malicious straight away. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.