Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.183.172
scgt1

Eddie Checking route to IPv4 hang Windows 10

So as of late Eddie has been doing having this issue randomly where it just sits forever on the checking route to IPv4. It's connected when sitting on that status screen as I'm typing now and whats my ip shows the range Eddie always broadcasts out. I came here first to see if there is a newer version but it appears Linux is the only newer version. Using 2.16.3

You mean the beta that's been in beta for a very long time and looks like some have this same issue with it?

"Beta". :D It's fully functional to be honest.

11 hours ago, scgt1 said:

like some have this same issue with it

You'll never know if you will have the same issue like others have. Others don't have your setup.
And I can state some very recent threads where 2.17.2 fixed issues :) Just try it out. You can always go back.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

No its an Eddie thing, its happening to a bunch of us, across at least the nix OSes including macOS. It happens every single time I start Eddie. Eddie has to be opened, closed and reopened before it will get passed checking the IPv4 route and finally connect me. At some point, it could be an hour, it could be a week, Eddie is going to stop responding, and you have to close it and repeat the process over again. Tunnelblick and Viscosity never seem to have this problem, but the whole point of AirVPN was the security and more importantly Eddie and its Network Lock. The beta actually worked great up until a few months ago, and then all of a sudden it started acting up like this. Are we all on Frontier? Maybe we can blame them, they're giving me enough grief already heh.