Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.244.44

i was wanting a provider with browser plugins so i decided to sign up for Ovpn.

1.   sha1     seems to be significantly more at risk than Airvpn sha512
2.   speeds seem to be 1/4 slower than Airvpn   iv'e tried different servers in my country.   hardware acceleration doesn't seem to help or hurt 
3.   their own configuration generator does not output all of the data required for half of their servers.

being that it will not connect to anything higher than sha1  i am already about to cancel..    anyone with the service have anything to say to keep me from canceling? 

4.  i think this is the deal breaker.  you must be connected to their client software to use the browser extensions... 

7 hours ago, Air4141841 said:

1.   sha1     seems to be significantly more at risk than Airvpn sha512
[...]
being that it will not connect to anything higher than sha1  i am already about to cancel..  

Refer to the AirVPN thread about the SHA1 collision and see why it doesn't matter as much as you'd like it.

2.   speeds seem to be 1/4 slower than Airvpn   iv'e tried different servers in my country.   hardware acceleration doesn't seem to help or hurt 
3.   their own configuration generator does not output all of the data required for half of their servers.

Was it possible for you to contact support or consult some kind of user community (like Reddit)? Especially the former could've helped with 3, I think. No need to give vent to your anger here.

4.  i think this is the deal breaker.  you must be connected to their client software to use the browser extensions... 

Can you elaborate on that, please?

anyone with the service have anything to say to keep me from canceling? 

Good question. The only true answer around here would be "cancel and subscribe to AirVPN". ;):D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

2 hours ago, giganerd said:

Refer to the AirVPN thread about the SHA1 collision and see why it doesn't matter as much as you'd like it.... 

I will read that, thank you for the post

Was it possible for you to contact support or consult some kind of user community (like Reddit)? Especially the former could've helped with 3, I think. No need to give vent to your anger here.. 

not mad at all just stating my experience, i searched and didn't find any other reviews of OVPN. with 2 other providers with the same settings getting full speeds,  send and receive buffers at 256 or 512.   hardware acceleration on and off.  it didn't matter.    so i know its not my hardware and not my ISP.   i read they were doing maintenance.   either way for the reasons below i asked for my money back

Can you elaborate on that, please?   

when i installed the chrome plugin,   it stated it didn't detect the windows OVPN application running so it would not work correctly/ at all without it being installed.

Good question. The only true answer around here would be "cancel and subscribe to AirVPN". ;):D  

attached is the premium account time i have left.    i like Airvpn for the majority of my use.  but i have another provider i use as well.   
Eddieclient is really my only complaint i have with Airvpn

airvpn.PNG

40 minutes ago, Air4141841 said:

i searched and didn't find any other reviews of OVPN

Did you search here as well? The thread Ovpn.se Thoughts???? is a good start probably. It's not even that old, so most if not all should still apply.

42 minutes ago, Air4141841 said:

when i installed the chrome plugin,   it stated it didn't detect the windows OVPN application running so it would not work correctly/ at all without it being installed.

Their extension seems to be a functionality mix of uBlock Origin and Self-Destructing Cookies. They can do the job just fine without a VPN, not sure why it works only when connected to OVPN.

50 minutes ago, Air4141841 said:

Eddieclient is really my only complaint i have with Airvpn 

Can you elaborate on that as well?

I’ve read it before and subscribe to both mentioned in that thread.

the entire reason I wanted to try ovpn was for the browser plugin..  if it had worked without the client I would have kept the third service provider just for that... one thing just one top of another didn’t work as I expected 

Eddie is great overall the biggest issue I have is disconnecting.. compared to another software app it’s 3 times as slow. 

21 hours ago, Air4141841 said:

the entire reason I wanted to try ovpn was for the browser plugin

What was the primary reason to use that instead of functionally identical browser plugins? Seems like a weak reason to pay for VPN access in my eyes. Not criticizing or something, I only want to understand it. :)

21 hours ago, Air4141841 said:

Eddie is great overall the biggest issue I have is disconnecting.. compared to another software app it’s 3 times as slow. 

We can certainly look into the disconnection issue which is only true when you tried vanilla OpenVPN and did experience the same behavior. Otherwise, not an Eddie issue, but we can really look into it.
As for the second part, it doesn't seem related to the first. I know that a minority of users find it slow altogether (blame it on Mono/.NET), but can you maybe also elaborate on what exactly it is you find slow?

just looking for a reputable provider that has a browser plugin.

here are the ones i have tried.

PIA.   have never been a fan of theirs, but subscribed for a year no interest in going back. so slow and too many disconnects
ovpn, required their software installed and running.   speeds were not fast enough for my liking
proton worked great, but no browser plugin.   have considered the basic plan again
really wanted to try cryptostorm,  but don't want the barnyard police knocking on my doors...  after reading a thread here on the owner
azirevpn trial did not work on pfsense.   i tried hours and it did not work.   i am very well versed in pfsense and its workings.  they also don't have an browser plugin.  i also read they are part of ovpn... but for the price it might be worth trying out
Nordvpn i tried 2 trials and it was horrible each time. so no interest there..

the last 2 i think i will consider is expressvpn.  and ivpn.   IVPN only negative i see is pfsense shows Auth digest algorithm - SHA1 (160-bit).  then again i read your post

the Eddie thing really isn't anything to worry about its rare i use it.    its just an observation

i more or less started here:

https://www.privacytools.io/providers/vpn/
https://thatoneprivacysite.net/#detailed-vpn-comparison

47 minutes ago, Air4141841 said:

just looking for a reputable provider that has a browser plugin.

That doesn't answer the question, really. What do you hope to achieve with a VPN provider browser add-on what other independent, possibly FOSS add-ons can't do? It just seems odd to pay for full-fledged VPN access when you really only want an ad blocker and cookie cleaner for the browser.

52 minutes ago, Air4141841 said:

really wanted to try cryptostorm,  but don't want the barnyard police knocking on my doors...  after reading a thread here on the owner

Yeah, well, about that.. Mr. Spink is long gone from Cryptostorm and I stopped hearing much about them. Not sure if that is good or bad - they obviously don't do crap anymore but they also don't try to stand out.

Where the hell did that come from? :D This is not your topic, mister, so please open your own.

Hello, 

Am I restricted automatically in a secretly discriminated behaviour or is it my idea?  
Why  am I specifically and recently restricted to sha1 only and cannot connect with higher neither with tls encryption in all servers and using either windows or pfsense? 
Should I expect something more like handing over private keys ? 

========================
Mon Sep 23 12:21:35 2019 Outgoing Control Channel Authentication: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
Mon Sep 23 12:21:35 2019 Incoming Control Channel Authentication: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
Mon Sep 23 12:21:35 2019 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]213.152.161.9:443

Posted ... (edited)
On 9/23/2019 at 1:37 PM, cosmoresearcher said:

Am I restricted automatically in a secretly discriminated behaviour or is it my idea?  
Why  am I specifically and recently restricted to sha1 only and cannot connect with higher neither with tls encryption in all servers and using either windows or pfsense? 
Should I expect something more like handing over private keys ? 

A bit conspirative choice of words, no offense.. I'll quote myself here:

On 5/21/2019 at 8:03 PM, giganerd said:

Refer to the AirVPN thread about the SHA1 collision and see why it doesn't matter as much as you'd like it.

If you want us to help you, please don't bother opening a new thread, providing logs and any other info you can give.

Edit:
Mr. cosmoresearcher resolved the problem by using entry IPs 3 and 4. Edited ... by giganerd
User resolved problem