Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.85.33
Staff

New Air feature against geo-discriminations

Hello!

In order to provide a better service, we are working to bring access to geo-discriminatory services also from the servers which are located outside the specific country.

The additional feature may be useful to all the users which would like to access a geo-discriminatory service in a country, while being connected to a server on another country. Furthermore, this service provides the option to access services in a country where there is no Air server. We have some countries available and we will be glad to "use" them against geo-discriminations.

This idea was born when one of our kind customers warned us about the IP block of The Pirate Bay website performed by one of our UK ISP (with which, hopefully, we will never make business again). It was the first time we saw such a blatant, not enforced by law Net Neutrality violation in a datacenter, worsened by the fact that nowhere in the policy or in any other place the IP block was mentioned. After having solved the problem, the expansion of the idea was obvious.

Experimentally you can test CBS on Castor (NL) and Pandora on Serpentis (SE). CBS discriminates against non-USA IP addresses, while Pandora against a lot of different country-IP, including Sweden. You are now able to access CBS even when you're connected to Castor and Pandora even on Serpentis. Remember, this is still at an experimental stage.

http://www.cbs.com

http://pandora.com

Please do not hesitate to give us your feedback, let us know what you think of the service and how it works, and also let us know whether you like to have access to some geo-discriminatory service if located in a country where there are no Air servers.

Kind regards

Glad to see this feature coming. I will write down a list of German websites, that disallow access from non-German IP or won't show content from outside Germany connected IPs. ^^

Yeah, cbs works when using Castor! That's awesome. It'll not give me HD quality though, but it's still nice to have it.

AirVPN just keeps getting better! :woohoo:

It would be great to access sites like bbc.co.uk from a server outside the UK.

AirVPN just keeps getting better! :woohoo:

It would be great to access sites like bbc.co.uk from a server outside the UK.

I was going to say this. Most television providers do this due to licensing agreements

another would be comedycentral in many non US countries (at least mine anyway) you can not view videos on this site.

Is this going to work though as major providers are just blacklisting the vpn IP address blocks

At present I’m in the uk and connected to a UK server. Services such as NowTV and Amazon refuse to work through the air VPN connection (geo restriction) even though I’m on a UK server, clearly they have blacklisted the AirVPN servers and I have to split route my connection for certain devices to bypass the vpn which is not ideal.

Is this going to work though as major providers are just blacklisting the vpn IP address blocks

At present I’m in the uk and connected to a UK server. Services such as NowTV and Amazon refuse to work through the air VPN connection (geo restriction) even though I’m on a UK server, clearly they have blacklisted the AirVPN servers and I have to split route my connection for certain devices to bypass the vpn which is not ideal.

Hello!

This is a huge thread necro my friend. This thread is from 2012 and things were quite different then . It has already been established multiple times, mainly in the Blocked Websites forum, that certain companies are very good at blocking VPNs and that a lot of it is outside of Airs control, despite best efforts. So yes it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I hope you can appreciate why locking this thread is probably for the best .

For reference, the feature Staff is referencing in the OP is usually called micro-routing. To use it, just use the Eddie client, as it automatically makes you use Air's DNS. Obviously, success isn't guaranteed. Hence the aforementioned forum and your own experience of blocked IPs, which Air also mentions in the link .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.