Sign in to follow this  
MaRkOpOlO

My IP changed to my real one

I have foud that it is that it is both of these rules

Allow IP In/Out from MAC Any To In [AirVPN] Where Protocol Is Any

Allow IP In/Out from In [AirVPN] To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any

Hello!

Great job!

Can we see again the definition for your [AirVPN] Network Zone? Also, can you please send us the output of the command "ipconfig /all"?

Kind regards

Hello and thank you!

So, Comodo was right since the beginning.

You can see in a previous message that we detected that [AirVPN] Network Zone was wrong, and since then we assumed that you corrected it. Unfortunately you inserted a Netmask which covers almost the entire IPv4 range, authorizing your system to communicate with almost every single IP address on the Internet! :D

The definition of the AirVPN Network Zone must be [10.4.0.0 - 10.9.255.255]. Please note the difference between "-" (IPv4 range) and "/" (CIDR NetMask).

Once you have corrected the [AirVPN] Network Zone, apply the changes, bring back down the block rule below all the allow rules, re-perform the test with and without VPN. There could still be some problem, if it's the case do not hesitate to report again, we'll do our best to solve them.

Kind regards

So i was using the vpn but i noticed a performance drop vs having no VPN (i kinda expected that) but it seems to be locked at 225kb/s whilst normally its around 300kb/s and i was wondering if there is anyway to improve that at all?

So i was using the vpn but i noticed a performance drop vs having no VPN (i kinda expected that) but it seems to be locked at 225kb/s whilst normally its around 300kb/s and i was wondering if there is anyway to improve that at all?

Hello!

A "lock" on bandwidth is a strong hint suggesting traffic shaping. If you notice a constant maximum bandwidth, chances are that the outbound port you're connected to is shaped by your ISP. Please try connections on different ports: 443 TCP, 80 TCP, 53 UDP to check.

Kind regards

sorry for asking but how should i do that? - is there a specific way within windows or should i do that from openvpn?

sorry for asking but how should i do that? - is there a specific way within windows or should i do that from openvpn?

Hello!

If you use the Air client, after you have picked a server please select the "Modes" tab, pick a port and click "Enter". Please see the instructions for additional details.

If you use OpenVPN directly or the OpenVPN GUI, please generate the appropriate configuration file with our configuration generator (menu "Member Area"->"Access without our client") and follow the instructions for OpenVPN for Windows.

https://airvpn.org/windows

Kind regards

443 TCP and 80 TCP had a limit of about 215-220kb/s whilst 53 UDP had a 225kb/s limit,

Hello!

Given your peak bandwidth without VPN (300 kB/s), the performance you obtain is normal (assuming you mean kB/s, not kbit/s). Either your ISP always caps all ports or, more probably, it does not cap at all but is incapable to give you more than 300 kB/s down.

Kind regards