Not connected, Your IP: 35.172.223.130
KenAV

[REQ] "Reconnect to the last connected server" in Overview

Posted ... (edited)

Please add a choice in Overview: "Reconnect to the last connected server" in addition to the existing "Connect to Recommended Server" choice.

Reasoning: While the server recommendation software produces a decent choice, I find that experience with various servers can give a user a better recommendation.

After making that manual choice, sometimes one want to close Eddie in order to reboot, or watch a local video, or merely disconnect to use a web site that needs to know your real identity (i.e. bank).  Then, when starting Eddie, one want to continue with the server used earlier in the day.

The option in Settings: "Reconnect to last server at start" is insufficient, because in some of these cases, it is not "at start".

So, currently, if one does not want to use the recommendation, one has to go to another screen (in this case "Servers", click on a server, click on the connect icon, etc.).

BTW, I also noticed that sometimes, when Eddie disconnects by itself, it will reconnect to a Recommended Server, instead of the Last Server.

SO, an alternate possibility to the above is an option in Settings: "Change default server from Recommended Server to Last Server", and if that was selected, then the button in Overview would automatically say "Connect to the last connected server".

Thanks for your attention to this request.

Edited ... by KenAV

Without reading so much beyond the title, basically you ask for logging.

Won't happen since it contradicts what 99.9% users of Air use the service for.
Other providers might have some clients and servers which maybe "remember" such settings,
by a pure coincidence of course :)

If you liked a specific server, whitelist it in Eddie, or actually there are numerous other ways to
properly do it without doing anti-privacy features you asked for.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Then how does "Reconnect to last server at start" work ?

I'm just asking for an equivalent option, without "at start", to be on the Overview, to save several clicks every time I use Eddie.

There is a setting in the xml file which seems to point to a hashed server name or a file name (the latter because I've seen Eddie temporarily creating files whith similar names).

<option name="servers.last" value="a5ddea420fba1c6fa22eabebd95ae5d42425c097c266a2b25a40d8eeb0615db8" />

If this is a file name, Eddie might try to find this file and if not found falls back to connecting to a recommended server. Maybe someone else can say more, but I suspect you're experiencing a fallback, and the bug is actually a feature.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello,

unless we misunderstand the request, the need can be met by ticking "Lock current" in the "Servers" tab.

Kind regards