Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.102.112
Sign in to follow this  
baddison

OpenVPN on DD WRT help?

Hello. I am trying unsuccessfully to connect to Cygnus TCP port 80 and can't get it to work. I am using:

Static DNS 1: 10.7.0.1

Server IP name: 37.220.11.106

Port: 80

Tunnel Device: TUN

Tunnel Protocol: TCP

Encryption Cipher: AES-256 CBC

Hash Algorithm: SHA1

nsCertType verification: enabled

Advanced Options: enable

TLS Cipher: AES-256 SHA

LZO Compression: Yes

NAT: enable

IP Address: 192.168.1.1 (per setup screen)

Subnet Mask: empty (this isnt mentioned in the guide)

TUN MTU Setting: 1500

MSS-Fix/Fragment across the tunnel: empty

The keys are all per the files generated and the firewall settings are per the guide.

I did notice that when I connect to the same server with the windows tool it uses 37.220.11.107.

(see attachments also)

Any help appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

Thanks Tamarrano. I'm pretty sure I have tried that already but I will give it another go.

Is there a list of server IPs anywhere as the server IP generated in the .ovpn file is not the same one that the windows client uses. I was wondering if that was the issue?

The keys/certs in .ovpn file are all the same for all the servers , you have to change the IP (sweden or holland ...................)

Hi. What I meant was I wanted to verify that 37.220.11.106 is the right IP to connect to for Cygnus. I got this address from the .ovpn file. However if I try the same server but using the windows client it uses 37.220.11.107. Is this right?

Thanks

@ baddison

I made a test with my DDWRT Router , I used the ip you wrote above (37.220.11.107) and does not work , I cannot get any connection to the server , with the other one works ..... so use the other one in your ddwrt router

ciao

I did notice that when I connect to the same server with the windows tool it uses 37.220.11.107.

(see attachments also)

Any help appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

Hello!

The Windows client uses the very same Cygnus entry-IP address. 37.220.11.106 is the entry-IP, 107 is the exit-IP. So your configuration is correct.

First of all, please check the client certificate field, just in case the initial blank line which is visible in the screenshot creates issues.

Also, try to disable LZO compression and modify the MTU size. Start with 1560 then go down to 1500, 1400, 1300, 1200. For each value please re-test the connection with and without LZO compression.

Finally please enable and send us the logs, they may be very useful for troubleshooting.

Kind regards

Hi there

I tried all your suggestions regarding LZO compression and MTU size but still no luck. I have changed my settings to connect to Cygnus on 443 with the attached settings. I have also included the log. Is there anything in there that gives a clue as to why its not working?

Thanks

Hi there

I tried all your suggestions regarding LZO compression and MTU size but still no luck. I have changed my settings to connect to Cygnus on 443 with the attached settings. I have also included the log. Is there anything in there that gives a clue as to why its not working?

Thanks

Hello,

in the first part of the log in pic4 there's a TLS key negotiation failure (check your network connectivity). The TLS negotiation timed out after 60 seconds. The second connection attempt, on the contrary, seemed successful, did you have Internet connectivity after that?

Kind regards

Hi

I have connectivity but i am not passing your check on your website. Its still showing my isp ip address. Looking at the logs its still trying to connect every 60 seconds.

Thanks

Hi

I have retried with Tauri and I still have it connecting and then immediately disconnecting. See attached.

Does anyone have any ideas as I am getting to the point of giving up on this. I am 100% confident I have copied everything over per the instructions but no success.

I have also included a pic of my router and firmware.

Thanks