Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.231.51
Sign in to follow this  
ocR9Gw

Running eddie on OpenVPN server

Hello, I would like to use eddie client on my VPN server with network lock feature. So I will be connecting to my own server via VPN and then route all traffic from it to the AirVPN network.
I assume that I need 2 routing tables, one to handle incoming connections to the main network interface and another to handle all outgoing connections to be routed through AirVPN network.
I tried to do it like this but for some reason I am able to connect to the server via ssh, so  incoming connections are ok, but I wasnt able to connect to the OpenVPN service.
I think I am missing something here, so any advice would be highly appreciated.

15 hours ago, ocR9Gw said:

... I am able to connect to the server via ssh, so  incoming connections are ok, but I wasnt able to connect to the OpenVPN service. ...

Usually starting an OpenVPN client on a remote server causes the SSH connection to drop, because there is no routing back to your PC.

https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/32365-vpn-over-dedi-box-ssh-connection-lost/?tab=comments#comment-83109

Are you sure that is not what is happening? Maybe leave your OpenVPN server out of it first and just get the client working?

Also, you can't have network lock running if you want to also connect from home using the real interface.

12 hours ago, NaDre said:

Usually starting an OpenVPN client on a remote server causes the SSH connection to drop, because there is no routing back to your PC.

https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/32365-vpn-over-dedi-box-ssh-connection-lost/?tab=comments#comment-83109

Yes, I am aware of that problem, as i mentioned I fixed it by using different routing table for incoming connections. SSH works just fine, but I can't connect to the OpenVPN.

I started playing with simple Openvpn client-server config. But it seems that I have the same problem.
The idea is to create VPN chains when the first PC connect to the first server without knowing any other servers in the chain.
For start I got the following setup
PC --> VPN SERVER + VPN CLIENT --> VPN SERVER ---> PC
If I connect the first server with --route-nopull to second server I can connect to the first server from my PC but traffic dont go further in the VPN chain obviously.
But if I pull the routes from the second server I can't connect to the OpenVPN server, although I can connect to the VPS itself via ssh.
I was following this guide to setup proper routing table https://www.proxyrack.com/how-to-setup-a-double-openvpn-server/

The problem was as I thought in wrong routing table.
What was needed is just create separated routing table for internal network and and add 2 routes
1 is default via VPN2 network gateway
2 for first network to route it through the VPN1 network gateway so the traffic can go back to the client PC.