Not connected, Your IP: 54.210.126.232
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Service UP [UPDATED] [WAS: Service DOWN]

Hello!

We are facing a major incident to our infrastructure, probably due to our provider. VPN servers are not responding. We are inquiring and we will keep you updated.

Premium users will be refunded for the downtime

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

UPDATE 19:35 CET - 12 Mar 2011

As we suspected, the total outage of the VPN servers is entirely our provider's responsability.

Unfortunately, nobody from that company could be reached at the moment, so we have no feedback from them.

We will clarify the situation as soon so possible. We also would like to ensure all our premium members that our services will be restored in any case, with or without our current provider cooperation. If, for any reason, this website too should become unreachable, you will be able to follow updates (and eventually new link to the website) through our twitter account:

https://twitter.com/airvpn

UPDATE 21:50 CET - 13 Mar 2011

We are working as fast as possible to bring back service for premium users. We can't give an exact date and time, but we announce that new server will be in installation phase tomorrow morning early, in case we can't rescue previous VPN servers. This is a precaution action due to the total lack of answers and assistance, at this time, from our current servers provider. Please note that no data regarding accounts is kept on the VPN servers which are currently unresponsive.

UPDATE 11:00 CET - 14 Mar 2011

After having finally received feedback from our current provider, there is no interest to continue our commercial relationship with it since this incident shows that its quality and support standards do not meet our requirements anymore. New server installation procedure had already started earlier this morning, so premium service will be restored very soon. We will keep you updated. We apologize for the inconvenience.

UPDATE 12:45 CET - 15 Mar 2011

Although we can't give an exact ETA for premium services at the moment, we confirm that everything is proceeding as planned with minimal delays due to servers installation and connections. A very rough estimate to bring back services is within 24 hrs from now. Don't take this ETA for granted but we assure you that we are doing our best during these days. We would like to express our gratitude to all our members who are showing support with very nice words. It is very much appreciated, thank you.

UPDATE 17:25 CET - 16 Mar 2011

The first server for premium members has just been connected. We're starting to work on it; from now on we need some or several hours to "integrate" it in our infrastructure and make it available to you. It is located in a datacenter in the Netherlands and is sufficient to satisfy demand of all premium users.

Furthermore, we are still waiting for the installation and connection of another server, which will be dedicated to premium users too, located in a datacenter in Germany. It should be ready in the next 24/48 hrs. We are also preparing some good surprise for premium members. You will receive updates as usual, as well as instructions to connect to the new servers.

UPDATE 20:00 CET - 16 Mar 2011

Server in the Netherlands passed tests and is currently properly configured and operational. We are performing some more tests and if everything is ok we will give premium members access to it later in the evening (CET).

UPDATE 20:25 CET - 16 Mar 2011

Service is now UP for all premium members! Please note that if you connect without AirVPN client, you need to re-generate configuration file. You can do that simply selecting "Member"-->"Access without our client" and choosing your favourite port. We will soon give you more news about the new server in Germany, compensations for downtime and new special offers aimed to premium members.

UPDATE 02:35 CET - 17 Mar 2011

German server has been installed and is now available to premium members! As usual, if you connect without AirVPN client, you can generate a new configuration by simply selecting "Member"-->"Access without our client". Keep the different configurations (for ports and servers) with different names so that you can choose freely each time you connect with OpenVPN client. With the current configuration, we are now providing the minimum guaranteed allocated bandwidth as we did before the outage. Soon we will deliver the compensations due to our premium members for the outage.

Looking forward to a resolution. The service has been flawless up until this outage. I'm sure it will be fine once it comes back as well!

Can anyone please tell me how much time it will take to get servers online again????

Please

Thanx...

The service is so good...don't even have words to explain that....

<strong>priteshmohan2 wrote:</strong>

<strong>Can anyone please tell me how much time it will take to get servers online again????

Please

Thanx...

The service is so good...don't even have words to explain that....</strong>

i hope some one gives me just a idea when it will be back in buissness again?

Hey this is not funny .....I payed last week at Wednesday for Prem Account. Not even one week is over and Ur Servers not working ! If this happen again the next 3 months you loose me as a Member

zombie1982 wrote:

Hey this is not funny .....I payed last week at Wednesday for Prem Account. Not even one week is over and Ur Servers not working ! If this happen again the next 3 months you loose me as a Member

We fully understand your disappointment and all premium members will be compensated for downtime. Unfortunately, after almost 1 year of excellent service from our provider, the first serious issue has been faced by it with lack of assistance and competence.

Therefore we are diversifying deployment of our infrastructure in order to prevent similar problems in the future. Please follow our updates on the 1st message of this topic.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

"Service Down" It means that till the service will be restored our IP is no more protected while we are surfing the web?

Please clarify, thank you.

islabonita wrote:

"Service Down" It means that till the service will be restored our IP is no more protected while we are surfing the web?

Please clarify, thank you.

Please note that you are never protected when you are not connected to the VPN servers, even when the service is working.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Please inform me as the servers are working...........& try to fix it as early as possible.

Thanks for the updates and the very good job you've been doing so far at AirVPN. I'll keep checking back regularly for the service to be back up.

Good luck and good work!

This happened at the worst time for us. China started blocking the other VPNs and AirVPN was still okay, but now it is down too. Maybe the service provider breaking AirVPN works for the Chinese government? Please do what you need to restore the VPN.

Guest Sakujakira

hmmmmmm.... yes you are right, service down means.... yes service down?!

also for free users. The downtime is NOT only a feature for premium users.

some one just give us some idea when will airvpn back in buissness again?

AirVPN is currently installing new servers after the outage. The fault is from their service provider that proved unreliable.

Service will start firstly for the premium members then free members.

There is no ETA yet given by AirVPN but it will be soon online

I know. But what means the IP number I see below this page: Your current IP xx.xx.xxx.xx ? It's not my official IP

and as I'm not connected to your servers, my current IP should be the official one.

Please explain. Thanks

islabonita wrote:

I know. But what means the IP number I see below this page: Your current IP xx.xx.xxx.xx ? It's not my official IP

and as I'm not connected to your servers, my current IP should be the official one.

Please explain. Thanks

Yes, it is.

Please keep the comments here on topic. Off-topic messages will be deleted until we bring back the service for premium users.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

In my opinion free service will also be back but the first priority is the premium service.

Premium members paid for the service so they must be the first to get the service back. As a free member we'll get the service later on after full service has been restored to the premium members.

But I think free service will take a little more time to get restored than premium service.