Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.10.137
Sign in to follow this  
imno007

Air VPN & DC++

Hello. I thought I had this situation under control, but I'm having trouble setting up a port for the DC++ program's UDP under manual port forwarding. The TCP and TLS ports have both gotten a green light, but every single port I try to set up for the UDP results in a gray light or a danger warning. Is there any particular reason I might be having so much trouble with this one port? Just bad luck maybe and I have to keep trying different ones? After a couple dozen, you start to wonder....

EDIT: I notice that if I use a port number as TCP and UDP both that results in a gray port and then use the same port number as UDP only it always gives me a danger warning. Just a shot in the dark here but will any port number that works as the UDP setting for the program for some reason result in a danger warning? Because I can't find a number that gives me a green light....

TIA!

Hello. I thought I had this situation under control, but I'm having trouble setting up a port for the DC++ program's UDP under manual port forwarding. The TCP and TLS ports have both gotten a green light, but every single port I try to set up for the UDP results in a gray light or a danger warning. Is there any particular reason I might be having so much trouble with this one port? Just bad luck maybe and I have to keep trying different ones? After a couple dozen, you start to wonder....

EDIT: I notice that if I use a port number as TCP and UDP both that results in a gray port and then use the same port number as UDP only it always gives me a danger warning. Just a shot in the dark here but will any port number that works as the UDP setting for the program for some reason result in a danger warning? Because I can't find a number that gives me a green light....

TIA!

Hello!

Can you please make sure that the ports you have remotely forwarded are "CLOSED" in your router? If you're 100% sure that the router ports are closed, then the red token is a false positive and you can go on with peace of mind. Actually, when performing tests we obtain false positives, but they are very rare, while in your case it appears that you ALWAYS get a red token. If the ports in the router are not closed, then the red tokens are correct. From what we learned from recent history, correlation attacks are dangerous for DirectConnect users so it's better to have some false positives and perform a triple-check than having a very dangerous false negative.

DC users are also encouraged to secure their connections in order to prevent leaks in case of unexpected VPN disconnections.

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards