Not connected, Your IP: 44.220.41.140
Staff

Chicago servers will change IP addresses

Hello!

We inform you that the following Chicago servers need to be re-located to a different section of their Chicago datacenter:

• Alkaid
  • Microscopium
  • Pavonis

A change of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses is necessary. We will use the migration as chance for a complete machines upgrade. Impact will therefore be minimal: we expect to bring up the new machines when we turn off the previous ones almost simultaneously, so just a single disconnection will affect the clients connected to those servers.

Users running Eddie will need to re-download servers information (Eddie does that periodically but you can force it to do it immediately), while users not running Eddie will necessarily need to re-download configuration files.

Planned disconnection will occur on April the 26th, 2019, 13:00 UTC

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Staff

Thanks for the heads up. I love these servers and hope the relocation keeps them in great shape. 

I'm not running Eddie, just PFsense/OpenVPN. Just to confirm, I WILL need to re-download the files? 

41 minutes ago, twan69666 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I love these servers and hope the relocation keeps them in great shape. 

I'm not running Eddie, just PFsense/OpenVPN. Just to confirm, I WILL need to re-download the files? 

Hello and thank you!

Our provider ensured us that this migration is essential to resolve once and for all the congestion problems you have might noticed in the last weekend. We need more redundancy and assurance that our guaranteed bandwidth allocation is respected by the dc.

Yes, you need to re-generate the configuration files after the migration has been completed.

Kind regards

29 minutes ago, Staff said:

Hello and thank you!

Our provider ensured us that this migration is essential to resolve once and for all the congestion problems you have might noticed in the last weekend. We need more redundancy and assurance that our guaranteed bandwidth allocation is respected by the dc.

Yes, you need to re-generate the configuration files after the migration has been completed.

Kind regards

Thanks!