Not connected, Your IP: 54.173.221.132
muffinpear

Vuze VPN helper issue - Can't get auth_key from login?

So I've had a airVPN membership off and on for a while and have always used Vuze to download things. The VPN helper that comes with that program has always checked out as everything being "okay". A week or two ago I tried logging in and suddenly I'm getting ?? instead of the OK and the errors:

Can't reach AirVPN's site using /10.5.156.176 aka utun3 (utun3)
Could not get auth_key from AirVPN's Login page
Could not get Forwarding Port

beneath that is the area where it has my login name and place for password but it shows my password as being *** when it's actually more than 3 characters long. I try inputting the correct password and hit save and then try the VPN helper check again and it still doesn't work, and when I click config it shows *** again for password. I'm not sure if this is the issue or not. I have no problem logging into this website with my information and I'm definitely a premium member currently.

Any help on what this could be is greatly appreciated. I don't want to risk downloading anything until I get those error messages cleared and VPN helper working again. 

Not sure if related, but AirVPN updated the forums software which changed not only appearance but some technical things, too. Unsurprisingly, this correlates with when your extension stopped working ("a week or two ago"). Maybe the API key functionality was affected. You should get back at the developer, telling him that he should check AirVPN support again and, if necessary, fix it. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.