Not connected, Your IP: 44.201.199.251
Staff

New Country: Brazil (BR) - New 1 Gbit/s server available

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new 1 Gbit/s server located in São Paulo, BR, is available: Peony.

Peony is our first server in South America and we are very proud to start operating there. Special thanks go to out moderator Zhang who helped us find a datacenter with particularly good connectivity

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server. If you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The server accepts connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other "second generation" Air server, Peony supports OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH, TLS 1.2 and tls-crypt.

Full IPv6 support is included as well.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

You can check the server status as usual in our real time servers monitor: https://airvpn.org/servers/peony

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

Although tbe installation of a server in Brazil is good news for me personally, I am worried that it will soon be dropped for the same reasons that you discontinued your Italian servers. 
Many of the local magistrates here are just as corrupt, intellectually lazy and/or incompetent as their Italian counterparts.

I say this as an attorney at law.

On 4/22/2019 at 5:28 AM, JAC-Render said:

I'm really happy to see a server in south america, I would love to see one in central america!!!

Sao Paulo is as cental America as you can get. "Lite South" America would be something like Mexico/Panama in where it would be better getting a server in Miami instead,

for both ping and bandwidth related performance.

Geographical center:

Panama/Mexico/Costa Rica - Most providers are limited to lease a shared 100mbit connection per customer. This is because they have max 5-10Gbit per datacenter or less.

Because of that, their main peering happens to be with U.S. providers, so see the sentence above.

"Southern South":

Rest of the countries are not going to happen - Peru, Chile, Argentina. No sufficient datacenters to offer quality bandwidth for a reasonable price. Wholesale of 1Gbit almost unspoken of.

Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay - the same reasons as above, + add at least 5 more years for their availability after the countries above.

Most providers in those areas offer only shaped 10Mbit traffic (yes, in 2019) with a burstable option to 100Mbit with a very high premium.

Those providers mostly offer local data as well as CDN to companies like Akamai, Cloudflare, Google which is their most profitable way of operation.

Other Caribbean islands or countries with less than 5M residents - can be totally dismissed. Not a valid option even for large "Big 10" companies to operate. 

An exotic new location will not give you the privacy/performance you would probably assume from a service like Air. So this is a strategic point which is totally

transparent and provable. Don't make other providers who sell fake GeoIP locations (this is possible and actually much cheaper) or sell VPS/Cloud connectivity

with limited 100Mbit b/w make your decision here, test your own locations with your maximum speed before you buy a VPN service. And always remember:

If AirVPN ever wanted to cross that grey area, there would probably be 50 available countries now. Or maybe 100. This is not an ethical way to do (VPN) business.

Not flagging any competitors here since we all know who they are.

//

Finding even a single provider in South America with apparently enough bandwidth and acceptable prices (probably because they have more than utilized) is not an easy task

by it's own. Right now no other country can probably overcome Brazil by price/performance, where even 3 years ago the situation was nearly as same as above.

Same things happen is East Asia as well, where I am more native, and is directly linked to the country GDP.

(The case has some exceptions in countries like Ukraine, Romania) because they are strategically and historically big EU transit points where AirVPN operates. But largely if it costs more

than an average monthly salary to get a 100mbit connectivity, this country cannot be generally considered as a valid location.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Just out of interest: Why don't the Peony and Lalande servers score in Eddie when "Speed" is selected?
I am currently located some 300 miles from Sao Paulo as the crow flies, and they get top ranking only in "Latency" mode.
Thanks in advance for any insight.